1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hooke Road Bumper light wiring

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by crawfish7, Jul 3, 2024.

1. Jul 3, 2024 at 10:46 AM
    crawfish7

crawfish7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Gray Tundra SR5
    Hey, just wondering if anyone here has some suggestions on getting the spotlights (came with bumper) and lightbar (purchased separately for bumper) wired from my Hooke Road bumper on my 2008 SR5 tundra. It’s doesn’t have a factory fog light switch and I’m a newbie when it comes to electrical. Any help/suggestions of the simplest way to get both the spotlights and lightbar connected would be greatly appreciated! Here’s the bumper if that helps https://www.hookeroad.com/collectio...kid-plate-for-2007-2013-toyota-tundra-bxg5204
    Thanks!

2. Jul 3, 2024 at 4:43 PM
    BoysandHisToys

BoysandHisToys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited
    12” Bulletproof Lift, AFE CAI, AFE Exhaust, rock lights, Fas-Top tonneau and soft topper, Dasaita 10.2” radio, light bar, ditch lights, LED headlights and fog lights, LED interior lights, Amp Research rear bumper step, dashcam, BT ODBII reader and Torque app on radio
    You can also run the lights off a relay that can handle higher currents and then use the switch to control your relay. All of this takes some knowledge in electrical wiring.

if they have something like the voswitch I put in my jeep that would be best. I just have two relays mounted above my fuse box for my lights in the tundra.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
  3. Jul 5, 2024 at 5:15 AM
    myt1

myt1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra DC TRD SR5 Desert Sand Mica
    OME Lift, 275/70R 18
    I had never heard of Hookeroad Bumpers.

They seem really good and they are about half the price of most other bumpers.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

4. Jul 5, 2024 at 5:21 AM
    BoysandHisToys

BoysandHisToys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited
    12” Bulletproof Lift, AFE CAI, AFE Exhaust, rock lights, Fas-Top tonneau and soft topper, Dasaita 10.2” radio, light bar, ditch lights, LED headlights and fog lights, LED interior lights, Amp Research rear bumper step, dashcam, BT ODBII reader and Torque app on radio
    I have them on my Jeep. The front bumper came on the jeep when I bought it and had some other companies name on it. But it’s a Hooke Road. Then I bought tube doors and most recently a rear bumper.

They’re made in China I’m sure (what isn’t now days?) and packaging could have been better on the rear bumper. The doors were fine.

They seem to be good quality for the $$$ and they took care of the couple of issues I had with the parts in shipping.

Now how well they would hold up if you use them on the trail or so I couldn’t tell you. Both my off road vehicles are payment princesses.

Products Discussed in

To Top