1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! There is a creature living in my truck!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by j2007, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Oct 16, 2018 at 2:40 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    They should have screen coverings from the factory is what i say but theres probably a reason why they dont..?? This is now on my to do list.

2. Oct 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM
    j2007

j2007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DC Bronze Limited TRD
    Full Debadge, TRD Antisway, Platinum Grille, Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fogs, Morimoto MLED Headlight Retros, Tekonsha P3 Trailer Brake Controller with dash mount, Front Tint, Tyger Tonneau Cover, Anytime Fogs, FRAC, Fortin Evo One Remote Start, 12 Volt Bed Power Socket
    Ha I actually tried that last night. I put my cat out there for about half an hour. She went crazy sniffing everything under the seats like a hound dog. I was hoping she’d lead me to where it was hiding. No luck. She just went around the same areas I knew the mice had been, then took up residence on the center console. If I left her out there all night she’d probably be a good bet but i didn’t want the cat creating its own problem unattended in the truck.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Oct 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM
    j2007

j2007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Full Debadge, TRD Antisway, Platinum Grille, Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fogs, Morimoto MLED Headlight Retros, Tekonsha P3 Trailer Brake Controller with dash mount, Front Tint, Tyger Tonneau Cover, Anytime Fogs, FRAC, Fortin Evo One Remote Start, 12 Volt Bed Power Socket
    Oh that’s super annoying! I want it to do the reverse and close itself always when parked. I’ve heard that noise awhile after shutting the truck off but didn’t know what it was. I’ll check mine after it’s been off awhile and see if it is open or closed.

4. Oct 16, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    j2007

j2007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Damn! Confirmed that this is accurate in my 2017. I had parked it in recirculate. Checked 30 min later without turning the key on, opened up the filter and looked in. Fresh was open. Turn key, filter closes to go back to recirculate mode. So it’s always open parked. I’ll be adding some screen over my intake this weekend.

The upside is maybe with my filter being chewed again last night it means my one that escaped the glue might have decided to leave my truck. I’ll keep the traps in there for a few more days but no sign of a mouse last night.

Boerseun and NewImprovedRon like this.
  5. Oct 16, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    Did you bait the glue trap again?

Well my garage varmint has been dealt with, Tom Cat bait blocks have been nibbled on and I get a faint aroma of "death" outside the garage. :fingerscrossed:

j2007[OP] likes this.
  6. Oct 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM
    j2007

j2007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Excellent! Good for you. I’m all for rodent death at this point.

I went all out last night. I put 6 glue traps in my truck. 4 have peanut butter and 2 have mini Reese’s cups in the middle because I heard they like chocolate. Most are spread around the floor but I took my cabin air filter out and put one trap in the glovebox to try to lure them out from all sides. Then I pulled down the wireless security cameras from my house and threw them on the floorboard. The IR sensors are pretty sensitive and I thought maybe I’d catch the bastard in the act. No nibbles and no video though by this AM. I’m going to keep going for about a week until I feel confident he can’t be there. I took absolutely everything else out of the truck and it’s vacuumed like it’s brand new so other than the traps there’s nothing for the mouse to eat.
    8226FE3F-45B8-4166-A6F6-140058E34625.jpg

7. Oct 16, 2018 at 5:03 PM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    You are a hard core mother mouse f-er. I really feel for you man. Cant say I could do it any better myself. If it isn't on the interior, is there any way it made it under the dash or in the engine bay and is chillaxing till the heat blows over? After all, you just went genocide on its fam.

j2007[OP] likes this.
  8. Oct 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    j2007

j2007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    I think there’s a good chance he’s hiding out somewhere. Not sure how to tell for sure though other than time and seeing if a smell develops. There was a serious mouse tragedy the first night. If this was a mafia movie I’d say I killed the 3 and let the last one escape to warn any others.

This has got to be the most ridiculous vehicle situation I’ve ever encountered.

BTBAKER and NewImprovedRon like this.
  9. Oct 16, 2018 at 8:18 PM
    trdprobped17

trdprobped17 New Member

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top