1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headliner cleaning, how to? What to use?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TXRailRoadBandit73, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Dec 21, 2018 at 11:12 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 [OP] YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Just got back from grocery shopping, I don't know how many of you do like I like to do , but depending on the weather, I like to ride with all windows down, and while unloaded I noticed the headliner is getting pretty dingy on rear corners and all along the top, anyone know how to clean off? What to use?

2. Dec 21, 2018 at 11:58 AM
    Sas

Sas Humor is everywhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    OKC, OK
    Vehicle:
    '17 SR5 CM TSS 4WD MGM 5.7 FF
    Lost track after #1.
    Try vacuuming with a brush attachment first. You don't want to use stuff that will cause the glue to fail. I've used Griot's Interior Cleaner for smudges on it in the past with good results.

NUDRAT and 15whtrd like this.
  3. Dec 21, 2018 at 12:12 PM
    TundraCoast

TundraCoast Member In Good Standing

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    California
    Vehicle:
    1794 4x4
    1794 on the inside - PRO on the outside
    I've used a product called ChemDry on fabric headliners for years. My process is using a damp white Terry cloth towel thats lint free, spray the ChemDry product liberally onto the rag to saturate it (not the headliner) and blot the dirty areas first, its ok for the headliner to become lightly damp as well. Keep changing the towel to a clean side (I end up using a couple towels on the headliner). You will see that the white towel is picking up dirt as you go. Once you have the dirty areas looking good, I will start with a clean damp towel again sprayed with the ChemDry product and gently wipe the entire headliner. The ChemDry dries super fast leaving the headliner looking new.

NOTE: You shouldn't have to rub very hard on the headliner, light blotting in dirty areas and then gentle sweeping when doing a the full headliner. I have never had a headliners glue effected, with that said, headliners are somewhat delicate so go easy. Good to check for colorfastness in a hidden area first.

https://www.staples.com/chem-dry-ch...IkadXGp445s-3CgwBoChlsQAvD_BwE&akamai-feo=off

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Dec 21, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I always use a vacuum first before I do anything. As @Sas said. I don’t have any experience with chemicals on the headliner. But I usually try to use only fresh water... and soap as a last resort. I have a cheap little green machine that I will just use water in. I just spray it on, and vacuum up. Seems to do the trick. You can even do this with a spray bottle and a wet dry vac.

Sas likes this.
  5. Dec 22, 2018 at 11:55 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 [OP] YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Thanks to all who replied

6. Dec 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM
    Padj

Padj Life is what happens when you're making plans

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited CM TRD MGM
  7. Dec 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM
    Hattori

Hattori STOP SHIMMING COILOVERS!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra CM TRD
    Me.......
    My wife uses those dollar store magic erasers, and dude it MAGIC!

Rica25 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top