1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Revolution fog light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tuckerman048, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Aug 6, 2018 at 10:34 PM
    Tuckerman048

Tuckerman048 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Western Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM 4x4
    Hello everyone. First time posting but long time reader. My question is do any of you have the led fog light bulb upgrade sold by Headlight Revolution?
    Is it worth the $299 price tag? Is it that much better than stock? It appears to be plug and play which is what I want.
    Any first hand knowledge is appreciated.

2. Aug 6, 2018 at 10:35 PM
    saybng

saybng Just a member.

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Ventura CA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra 1794 CM in BLACK!
    Method Nv's, falken wildpeak 275.65.20 Dirty deeds exhaust, 5100's all around...nothin fancy.
    Welcome from Ventura California

3. Aug 11, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    TBS

TBS New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 CrewMax 4x4 Barcelona Red
    E50 extinguisher, Valhalla Plates, ESP Storage, Chrome Delete, Pwr Tailgate Lock,
    I can second that. I am VERY happy. I do not have a single incandescent bulb left on my truck. They are all LED's now and I am QUITE happy. The LED headlights and fogs blow away the dim stock bulbs.
    ~TBS

Toyotoholic likes this.
  4. Aug 11, 2018 at 9:56 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    299 for just the bulbs? I dont see that being worth it. Youd just be putting an led bulb in the stock housing. Even the best bulbs will still scatter light in a halogen housing.

They do sell Auer automotive, Morimoto, and PIAA LED kits as well, all at less money. These have LED housings which should work much better and not scatter light into oncoming drivers eyes

SouthBoundSteve and pizzabud like this.
  5. Aug 16, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    Tuckerman048

Tuckerman048 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Western Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM 4x4
    From what I've read and seen on their website, the led bulbs work with the stock housing. Now the HID bulb are another story.

6. Aug 16, 2018 at 8:12 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Oh I'm sure they fit and work but I cant imagine they would be as good as a lense or projector specifically made for an LED bulb. Maybe they have something special but generally speaking LED bulbs in halogen housings have a lot of scatter and can be quite blinding because they are so bright and the lenses and reflectors are not made for these bulbs

7. Aug 16, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    And for that price you could get some Baja Designs LED for lights which IMO cant be beat as far as brightness and quality

Flyinryank likes this.
  8. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:12 PM
    Toyotoholic

Toyotoholic -4Life-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jmz
    Vehicle:
    17' MGM
    Pro suspension, sways
    I third this ^^^^
    HeadlightRevolution full ensemble of GTR LEDs. I also did an HID low kit and it color matches perfectly with the fogs. Only suggestion is to further secure the fog housing to avoid shake (factory housing sucks). But the bulbs are awesome.

IMG_20170916_131028942.jpg

Do the whole package and you'll get some discount for sure. Give the guys a call... They were great to deal with too. I spoke mainly with Anthony, but anyone who picked up was helpful.

oems1794, trdprobped17 and Pudge like this.
  9. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:23 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    What did you end up doing for headlights? Weren't you selling your OEM platinum light? Did they ever sell?

Toyotoholic[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:45 PM
    Toyotoholic

Toyotoholic -4Life-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jmz
    Vehicle:
    17' MGM
    Pro suspension, sways
    Still for sale... As you know, not really a hot item. I did Anzo projectors with the GTR HID 55w kit.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Aug 17, 2018 at 3:25 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I put some LasFit led bulbs in mine for much less. Much better than stock and I don't have a problem with scatter.

Products Discussed in

To Top