1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone R&R'd their fuel tank in a Gen 2 (2013) Sequoia? TSB0166-19 Related

Discussion in 'Sequoia 2nd Gen (2008-2022)' started by sprech, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Mar 3, 2020 at 7:38 PM
    sprech

sprech [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Has anyone done an R&R on a 2nd Gen Sequoia fuel tank/pump yet? I’m assuming someone has, but can’t seem to find any info on it. Essentially, I had the fuel alcohol density issue and had it reset back in October. Recently, I’ve been getting stumbling and hesitation from 2000 RPM and up, and just saw TSB-0166-19, which also calls for a new fuel pump I called Toyota Corporate and they told me to take my ‘13 w/173k on it and piss off. (Flame if you must, but I’d be willing to bet they’ve been sitting on this knowledge for years with the intent of letting a bunch of trucks mileage out as they were being “generous” with taking this back to 2009 IIRC)

So, I call a couple of local dealerships and the replacement cost is 900-1,400. I went to make the appointment and was told that the fuel pumps are on national back order with over 1,400 units in the negative and they won’t be available until end of April. So, I effectively have a boat anchor until it can get fixed. I was told that they are doing a complete redesign, which is great, but not for the current situation.

Since it doesn’t appear that Toyota put an access pane in the floor of the truck, I’m going to have to drop the tank.

Has anyone done this and can they provide any pointers on making this less of a pain in the a$$?

Anyone?

To Top