1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone else been having issues with Sparks Parts?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by SuthrnTundra, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Sep 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM
    SuthrnTundra

SuthrnTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited 4x4
    TRD Off-Road Grille TRD Off-Road LED Headlights
    I ordered my Tundra grille 7 weeks ago and it was immediately sent to the paint shop on 8/11/2022. They keep telling me they haven't heard from their paint shop, so that's why I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone else is having delays. Any information more than just "Our paint shop is experiencing delays" for the past 3 weeks would be greatly appreciated. I mean personally if I spend $1200, I expect a little better communication. I have never had bad luck with Sparks Parts before.

2. Oct 6, 2022 at 5:42 AM
    Ginsterkev

Ginsterkev Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra Trd pro supercharged
    Tvs1900 magnuson blower Team rxp catch can Wescott designs collar lift on fox factory suspension Front and rear TRD sway bars
    I am a painter in a body shop in pa and can say that there are delays at times but if they have your grille and the only hold up is painting then I don't see why it can't be a 2 day turn around ... now if the grille is back ordered and they didn't tell you then that's a different story

3. Oct 6, 2022 at 6:16 AM
    purplenova

purplenova Not a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax SR5
    Pillar Tape, Bullet Liner, 20% Tint, Tyger Star Armor Kenwood amp & AudioControl LC7i Tech12volts JL Tweeters
    cant you call their body shop and ask?

4. Oct 12, 2022 at 12:13 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    So they don't take phone calls, only texts or emails.

Full timeline

August 11th - Ordered Part

August 11th - I get an email saying part has been sent to painter. "(Directly from their website) Any paint job takes approximately 3 weeks to get done and comes with a 12 month warranty against any defects."

I checked back 4 weeks later

Sep 1st - First Text went out checking order status, was told check back the following week

Sep 7th-29th - Texting generally once a week asking for status updates. Their response "We're experiencing delays".

Oct 6th - I sent them another message asking for more details. Now they said that Hurricane Ian has caused them delays, but it should be out in the next couple of weeks.

It's been 2 months. I posted this to see if anyone else had this issue with them recently.

5. Oct 12, 2022 at 1:22 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Tvs1900 magnuson blower Team rxp catch can Wescott designs collar lift on fox factory suspension Front and rear TRD sway bars
    Wow that's crazy 3 weeks to get something painted is nuts, I think you could literally ship me the grille I would have it done in one day I would then wait another before I pack it to ensure everything is nice and hardened and send it back to you and depending where you are it would still be quicker then 3 weeks depending on shipping

6. Oct 12, 2022 at 1:28 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    That's the thing, had I know it would have taken this long, I would have just ordered an unpainted grille and taken it to my paint guy. I probably would have saved a little money and I could have left my truck with him for an exact match! I'll find out tomorrow. By this point, I'm thinking about just cancelling my order all together, getting a full refund, and ordering it locally. What's waiting another month?

7. Oct 12, 2022 at 1:32 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    I couldn't agree more with you but hey if your in a jamb and you need help let me no I wouldn't even charge you I know how it is when you want or need something done and nothing is working out

SuthrnTundra[OP] likes this.
  8. Oct 12, 2022 at 1:33 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate it! I'll keep you posted.

9. Oct 12, 2022 at 1:33 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    No worries

10. Oct 12, 2022 at 2:20 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    I just received an email that they printed the shipping label! WOW! I didn't even have to reach out! I wish I was more of a petty person to seek compensation for not upholding any promises, but I'm just happy to finally see some progress.

11. Oct 12, 2022 at 2:34 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Good to here !

SuthrnTundra[OP] likes this.
  12. Oct 15, 2022 at 12:19 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    Welp! I knew it was too good to be true!

2 months later they sent me just the lower half of the grille and forgot my hood buldge! I am fuming and there only customer service is via text or email. No contact via phone. Call me old school, but I enjoy a good conversation to resolve issues or come to a resolution. I would not be this mad if I could talk to someone. I'm an IT guy and I understand both sides so a good conversation could clear this right up.

Now I have to hope that I get a response on Monday, that they actually did send off my hood buldge to get painted and forgot to send it, or I have to wait another how ever long for them to resolve their fuck up!

13. Oct 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Sorry to here man this would def make me go bonkers as well considering paint is what I do to earn my living I know how important it is when customers really need there vehical

14. Oct 15, 2022 at 12:54 PM
    Yoder18

Yoder18 Veteran underwater basket weaver

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    •Toytec Radflo 3” with 1.5 shackles •+25mm icon rebound wheels matte black. •Prox15 tonneau/Softtopper •315/70r17 ridge grapplers •Wheelers front bumper stops •Spray in bed liner •Vleds floorwell leds front and back and interior led kit •Boss front bumper spacer •First choice fabrication welded sliders •8” ss dirty deeds exhaust •Tech12volts remote start with carlink •Vleds front turn signals leds •AFE pro dry s air filter •Baja xl sport amber fogs •Victory 4x4 strike bumper w hoop •Ajt designs chrome delete for vent rings and cup holder/gear shifter (black) •Wet okole seat covers •Husky floor liners •RCI skid plate and transmission skid •Jomax SpEed sensor guards •Rear diff breather location mod
    I ordered mine painted white and it arrived in less than 5 business days. I was expecting several weeks but they were quick as ever w me.

15. Oct 15, 2022 at 1:11 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    Well instead of deleting, I will admit that emails and communication received, it said package 1 of 1 delivered. Turns out that right after I posted that FedEx delivered a second package that I was unaware of.

Ginsterkev likes this.
  16. Oct 15, 2022 at 1:12 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine August 11th.

17. Oct 15, 2022 at 1:16 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    •Toytec Radflo 3” with 1.5 shackles •+25mm icon rebound wheels matte black. •Prox15 tonneau/Softtopper •315/70r17 ridge grapplers •Wheelers front bumper stops •Spray in bed liner •Vleds floorwell leds front and back and interior led kit •Boss front bumper spacer •First choice fabrication welded sliders •8” ss dirty deeds exhaust •Tech12volts remote start with carlink •Vleds front turn signals leds •AFE pro dry s air filter •Baja xl sport amber fogs •Victory 4x4 strike bumper w hoop •Ajt designs chrome delete for vent rings and cup holder/gear shifter (black) •Wet okole seat covers •Husky floor liners •RCI skid plate and transmission skid •Jomax SpEed sensor guards •Rear diff breather location mod
    Alright I lied, ordered October 6th and delivered October 9th. I was surprised how fast they responded. My sensor garnish came broken too and they were fast on the reply

18. Oct 15, 2022 at 1:22 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    I ordered the 2019 trd pro grille and hood bulge painted in white

19. Oct 15, 2022 at 1:35 PM
    SuthrnTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    True, this was not an emergency so that's why I was trying to be as patient as possible. If I would have received an email saying back order on the grille I would have been OK with everything that transpired.

When I ordered, the first confirmation email was stating about possible back order of parts. Immediately after that, I received an email saying to ignore the previous email and that my part was being sent to the painter.

It is what it is by this point, I appreciate y'all letting me vent.

@Yoder18 I'm glad you had a good experience with yours, I think black and white are colors that come from factory that don't need to be sent to the painter. So that's the price I pay for having cement.

Products Discussed in

To Top