1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gunmetal Wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BayRunner, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Sep 27, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    BayRunner

BayRunner [OP] I’m here, except when I’m not

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    Hello All,

Been researching aftermarket wheels for quite some time now. I’ve read all the wheel related threads so many times that I’m dizzy and I’ve learned that my situation is a little different than most here.

I’m a road warrior looking to replace the stock 20” wheels on my MGM Platinum. I’m in the dechroming process and going with a dark on dark approach. I’m 95% on the road and the remainder on simple rural/logging type travel. There is no lift and no flares and would like to keep the wheels flush or in the fender as much as possible. Everyone seems to do black, but I would like to be a bit different and put on gunmetal color wheels that I think would match the MGM color nicely. My primary concern is the low offsets that most aftermarket wheels offer. The only wheel I’ve found that comes close is the ENKEL ST6, however it is 9.5” wide with a 30mm offset which puts it out 49mm further than stock. Other members here with that wheel have confirmed that the wheels stick out about an inch from the fender. This is something I was hoping to avoid. Does anyone else know of any gunmetal wheels with higher offsets?

On a side note, I’m also becoming fond of the Black Rhino MozanBique wheel. It is not gunmetal, however it is a matte black which looks smooth. The Mozanbique being narrower tucks in a bit more thus cutting down on some spray. Anyone running this wheel?

enkel.jpg
    blackrhino.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top