1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grabber ATX vs BFG KO2

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Mike's Custom Toys, May 16, 2018.

?

So which would you choose

1. General Grabber ATX

40 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. BF Goodrich KO2

98 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. Mar 2, 2020 at 4:20 PM
    Medic343

Medic343 5+4+3=2

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    '22 SR5 TRD off-road
    Also the DT has a tread life warranty. It's a decision you have to make with BFGs... Snowflake and no warranty or no snowflake with a warranty. I chose the first option

2. Mar 3, 2020 at 12:18 PM
    T-Guy69

T-Guy69 New Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    Black 2020 Tundra SR5
    I have had General's on my car and did not like them. Traction and grip were average to poor and wear was poor. BFG, I have tracked on BFG T/A tires (again, on a car) at Bridgehampton, Pocono and Lime Rock. Never a failure. So given the choice, I would go with BFG. Having said that, the tread on both tires (as it has been said) look very similar.

NAFlash likes this.
  3. Dec 26, 2020 at 5:33 PM
    Alex21DC

Alex21DC New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gray DC SR5 TRD-OR
    I vote General, all the time. I had KO2s on my 4Runner before moving to the Grabber X3 and have been loving them, they tolerate some serious rock torture. I’m putting ATXs on my Tundra and looking forward to it. Love em or hate em, the Expedition Overland team put the predecessor AT2 through some reasonably rigorous driving on an old trip they took, and have taken the ATX on recent trips. I think the KO2s are good as well but they’re so hyped I like picking something different that works really damn well.

4. Dec 26, 2020 at 7:12 PM
    jaymannj

jaymannj New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Platinum
    Working as a supervisor in a large warehouse/tire dealer, (everyone’s favorite big box retailer (wink wink)), K02 is the most popular AT tire I sell (granted the other option, revo 3s are ehh).
    Yes they absolutely suck to balance (no roadfoarce balancer, standard coats machine), and I’ve seen more belt shifts in K02s than any other tire...
    But.... with that said, durability is 10/10, I’ve never seen a mileage claim on them... also people trust bfg... as many folks I deal with idolize Michelin (based upon living under a rock, but I digress, that’s a whole diff conversation, like premier ltx’s never meeting mileage... like not even close)...
    But it seems for the average mall cruiser, or some of my customers who take them off road, not many complaints, the one issue I’ve heard is weight... but whatcha expect when you buy a 10ply... but between the two, I’d take the K02s just based upon customer experience, and lack of issues outside of the initial install (belt shift and “damn, will you please just balance out!!! Stop changing your mind regarding weight placement and amount!”

cheers!

5. Dec 28, 2020 at 9:15 PM
    Eleventeen

Eleventeen New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Louis
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black CM Tundra
    KO2

Don't have too much experience with Grabber but the Toyo AT2's weren't too durable. according to my local tire shop I came in for 9 punctures in 35k miles.
    turned in the Toyo under warranty and got the BFG because I've had them on every other truck I've owned and was always happy.

6. Dec 28, 2020 at 9:36 PM
    MS22

MS22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra 4x4
    I had some Grabbers At2 on my Ranger and loved them. Awseome offroad and in snowy conditions but mud was so so. Only thing I can say bad is that they picked up rocks and would fling them when I was at highway speeds.

7. Mar 24, 2021 at 5:53 AM
    Rbohno

Rbohno New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CrewMax Limited
    Icon stage 5,method 18 x 9, BFG KO2s, Bushwacker flares, tinted windows,Havoc HST running boards,Weatherguard slimline box, DSR1, JL Audio 900/5 amp, two 10W0 subs in a box, hertz centro in the front and Hertz Uno in back doors
    I can’t speak for the ATX but have run the KO2s on my 3500 and my 2500 and my JKU. I can tell you in my experience... definitely the KO2s are hell to balance. All of the tires mentioned were 35s or 325s so big tires and you were lucky to get 6oz , okay with 10 oz and had one tire that took 14 oz. I have had KO2s that 1 in 4 I ordered had to be sent back because it was out of round.

As you can see I still run them because once they were balanced never had an issue. Those and Duratracs are my go to tires. But right now a 35 Duratrac is $100 more per tire that’s why the tire store was offering more than 50% of what I paid because they went up a lot in price since I bought them.

In summation I would consider the ATX just read a lot of great things about them BUT they are about the same price or a little more than the BFGs.

Products Discussed in

To Top