1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GoLight remote control spotlight - rooftop mounting options for 17 Tundra?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by HellBent, May 22, 2019.

1. May 22, 2019 at 1:17 PM
    HellBent

HellBent [OP] Breaker of Things

Member:
    First Name:
    Brayden
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 TSS 5.7
    Did a search, not finding much thus far.

2017 Tundra TSS 5.7 4WD. I do a LOT of night hunting, mostly coyotes and hogs, under thermal and Night Vision. I've always used my Jeep in the past but recently picked up the Tundra and am looking to hunt via tripod out of the bed (much the same as I did with the Jeep and the tripod set up in the tub with the top off).

This setup gets me up high, and I can see "down" into the tall grass on long fields for better angles.

I have a GoLight 2049 with an IR searchlight that I picked up a few years ago for a steal, never got around to mounting it on the Jeep. I want to rooftop mount it with the magnetic base, preferably towards the center/front of the roof. Needs to be magnetic as I only have about 4 inches of clearance with my garage door as-is, NOT to mention that it doesn't look all that great up top full time.

Can wires be run inside the A-Pillar exterior? Any better solutions to routing a quick-disconnect 2-wire lead from the engine compartment to the roof top? I'm thinking I can splice in a QD between the engine compartment lead and the light body, so that I can pull off the magnet and light, leaving the power and remote leads up top (maybe clipped in to the weather stripping) for quick connect on the next use.

Was also wondering if there is any sort of no-drill plate available for the tundra to provide a mounting point not on the paint - there are tons for jeeps and even nissan, but haven't found anything suitable for the Tundra, yet.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, this forum is an INCREDIBLE resource...

2. Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 PM
    TundraTRD08

TundraTRD08 Somehow I fit 37s on a level

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 Super White TRD Off-Road on 37s
    3.5' RC lifted struts with RC UCA Alcan rear leaf spring upgrade with 300lbs added weight+1" lift built in. Adjustable Alcan Shackles set to add an extra inch which equals to a 2" lift in the rear. 37” Maxxis RAZR M/Ts with 1.5” spacers 8” BAMuffler Tuned by Bully Dog Tuner
    Do you know of any spotlights that are pretty good in size, mount with a good magnet on top of roof, and are LED for around $150ish? Don’t really wanna break the bank with something like a spotlight.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top