1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Go Rhino! 911000T Textured Black Sport Bar 2.0 Install

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by d_kinneyjr, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Dec 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM
    d_kinneyjr

d_kinneyjr [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crew Max SR5
    'I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the Go Rhino! Sport Bar 2.0 without the powered actuator for the lights. I am looking at the stationary light option. Specifically the installation to attach the unit to the bed. I have see a couple installation videos and they make it look easy. But most of the videos I have watched have the open / flanged bed rails. The Tundra looks like they have the boxed bed rails. Before I but it, wanted to see how difficult it would be to instal. Check out the video below.

https://youtu.be/Odr_ZR8hN8c

https://images.app.goo.gl/ViBaKRyqVmYwvJya7

2. Dec 30, 2020 at 1:53 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
  3. Dec 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM
    d_kinneyjr

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crew Max SR5
    Thanks @fricho228. These will come in handy. Has anyone actually installed these and what was the difficulty level. Thanks

4. Jan 1, 2021 at 11:42 PM
    Brad05

Brad05 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD PRO
    Westcott Designs Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit, Toyo MT 35/12.50, all led replacement
    We are currently trying to put one on a 2020 TRD Pro and its a nightmare! We've got to wait until monday to contact Go Rhino to find out why its not lining up with the bed rails. I was going to just run a ratchet strap around it and crank the ends in but going to wait and ask first.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  5. Jan 2, 2021 at 6:06 AM
    d_kinneyjr

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crew Max SR5
    @Brad05 sorry to hear it. Let me know what customer service says. That sucks. The installation videos make it look so easy to install. Knew it was too good to be true. Good Luck

6. Jan 2, 2021 at 2:27 PM
    Brad05

Brad05 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD PRO
    Westcott Designs Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit, Toyo MT 35/12.50, all led replacement
    @d_kennyjr I'll post up the outcome. It's just crazy the amount of money they charge for it, to not be a perfect fit is rather disappointing to say the least. Also by no means was it simple to install either, the plastic plates that go between the connection points have matching oblong holes so the slide around and make sure you go over all the bolts preinstalled because they were finger tight that. Once finally assembled it is a beautiful piece though, now to get it to fit.

d_kinneyjr[OP] likes this.
  7. Jan 5, 2021 at 5:26 PM
    d_kinneyjr

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crew Max SR5
    I saw one of these on a Ford F-150 today on my way home from work, but with no lights on it. Still looked killer! I want one even more now.

8. Jan 5, 2021 at 6:44 PM
    jstyle

jstyle New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2016 Magnetic Gray Offroad CrewMax
    I have the DeeZee “roll bar” and it took me about 3 hours.

9. Jan 13, 2021 at 10:57 AM
    MSGDDNSDQ

MSGDDNSDQ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Gray Tundra TRD PRO
    @Brad05, did you get the sizing issue resolved?

10. Jan 13, 2021 at 12:12 PM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    I too, have been looking at this bar. I saw one a couple of weeks ago on a 1794 in my little town:

However, everything that I have read and a couple of people that I have spoken to whom have installed it says it is an F'ing bitch to put on due to the closed bed walls of the Tundra. The special Go Rhino so called "Nut-certs" are what make the installation a pain in the ass, apparently. Think wall anchor and you sort of get the idea. Even on Go Rhino's Tundra install video, the guy trying to install the "nut-certs" has visible trouble trying to torque them, so they simply skip to the next step of the install. Very shitty on their part, IMHO. Also, if memory serves, there are issues with the rubber gasket that sits on top of the bed rail, but I do not remember exactly why. I know that there are a couple of members on this forum whom have done the install and had to do some serious improvisation. Maybe one of them will chime in.

It's a cool looking mod, but other than a light bar and aestethic, it has ZERO function. After everything that I have seen, I think I am going to go RCI bed rack route instead. Way, WAY more function for the same $$.

d_kinneyjr[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top