1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Go rhino 2.0 bed bars install

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by bryan4x4trd, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Aug 16, 2020 at 3:35 PM
    bryan4x4trd

bryan4x4trd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Finally!!! Finish my bed bars..

upload_2020-8-16_17-35-42.jpg

2. Aug 16, 2020 at 3:55 PM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    OK, so I had seen your previous post asking others if they had this bar and @DSLKSL chimed in saying that it was a pain in the ass (paraphrasing) as he had to substitute most of the installation hardware with new parts from the hardware store and Amazon. Did you have to do the same? Did you take any pics of the install? I ask as I too am thinking about purchasing this bar but am not going to do it if the finished product is completely "jerry-rigged".

Also, did you purchase the bar with the "actuator" for LED's or the less expensive bar with static mounts?

3. Aug 16, 2020 at 5:36 PM
    bryan4x4trd

Member:
    I didn’t get any lights.. also I didn’t get it from go rhino.com got it from Walmart.com.. I save over 200 bucks.

and yes... this bed bar is a pain in the ass.. believe me when I say trying to tackle this by yourself will be hard AF.. I had my neighbor and his buddy help me out.. I went to my ace hardware store and the associate help me with everything.. spend at least 60 bucks in stainless steal:) (to me it’s not a bad amount to protect the bed bar). But the gasket and the plastic gasket that go in between the bars I kept.. but I painted all the bolts black and also spray the go rhino logos.. *cant stand chrome lol.. but the hard part was getting everything to line up.. u can’t really tell but my bed bar is not 100% flush with my bed rail.. it’s like 90% flush 10% sticking out.. but u can’t really tell:) when u drill the hole I would tape the black gasket to bottom of the bed bar.. line it up with the holes and use a color marker to mark your holes.. I place the black gasket first on the bed and mark and then I drill the holes.. and when it was time to place the bed bar on top of the truck.. it wasn’t 100% flush.. but to late I had already drill holes:/ also use black epoxy to protect my rivet holes.. also use a rivet tool from Amazon..

4. Aug 16, 2020 at 5:38 PM
    bryan4x4trd

Member:
    It’s a lot of steps I did.. installation said 2 hrs hell naw.. took me with help 4 hours.. I’ll be willing to face time or talk over the phone to help u out.. but I love the way the bed bar looks

5. Aug 17, 2020 at 2:16 AM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    Hmmm... Yeah, that sucks. I mean, I too like the look of the bar; and the idea of the light bar actuator is pretty cool. BUT, everything that I have read, and now your assessment of the installation, I think that I am going to go with an RCI bed rack instead. At least with that, I will have much, MUCH more utility. Anyway, thanks!

6. Oct 7, 2020 at 7:36 PM
    Boidsta

Boidsta New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5, CrewMax 5.7L, Blazing Blue Pearl
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top