1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glock 43

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Glock17, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Nov 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    I'm still waiting to hear back, seems like you can't buy the G42/43 housing for the TLR-6 by itself, which is unfortunate because I would like a spare in case it happens again. The internals are separate and still function 100%.

I also have an LCP, love it. My only gripe is that the slide doesn't lock back after it runs dry, but that's just a personal preference thing.

2. Nov 28, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    N22WLZ

N22WLZ New Member

Member:
    WV
    Accurate, reliable and easy to conceal. When Glock pulls off a single stack 10 like this I may consider giving it back to my wife.

3. Dec 2, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Warranty will cover it. It's not possible to buy a spare at the moment, I hope that changes in due time.

4. Dec 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM
    dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Tundra SR5
    If I may submit my opinion let me start by stating what I do for a living. I am the main "Test Fire Technician" for Lasermax, maker of weapon mounted laser sights. I shoot for a living. When we developed products for the 43 my job was to break them. I can say with confidence the 43 is the most reliable gun in its size. I have logged over 5,000 rounds through one gun no failures. As long as it fits your hand, buy with confidence.

MotoTundra and T-Rex266 like this.
  5. Dec 7, 2016 at 7:02 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Sounds like an awesome job! After breaking my TLR-6 I am looking for other options. For me the a reliable and tough tac light is the priority, the laser is an added bonus. I'm a bit bummed that I dropped some serious coin on a nice holster specific to the TLR-6. I just checked Lasermax's sight, looks like you have something that fits the bill.

6. Dec 7, 2016 at 8:59 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    2013 Platinum-SOLD 2022 Sequoia, Celestial Silver Metallic
    I have a Lasermax sight for my G23 that I bought a looooong time ago (probably around 20 years). It definitely has an intimidation factor when you see a pulsing red light. It hasn't been in the gun for quite a while though, the slide lock spring broke and I haven't used it in forever. I should contact the company and get a new one. A laser is handy for shooting over cover without acquiring your night sights.

7. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:03 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    I'm curious if you broke the spring while cleaning the weapon or if it failed on it's own?

8. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    It happened so long ago.... I don't remember exactly. Since it's the spring you put pressure on to break the gun down, it's possible. I did clean my guns often back then. :p
    Once it broke, I tried it with the factory Glock spring, but it wouldn't work. I put it all back in the box and put the gun back to stock and forgot about it.

MotoTundra likes this.
  9. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Tundra SR5
    Tundra Fan PM me an address and I'll mail out to you a new spring and switch.
    MotoTundra, over time if the spring works its way out of the "hole" its pressed into there is a chance the recoil spring will hit it and over time break it. The early symptom of this can be the slide lock switch bouncing on and off due to lower slide lock spring pressure. Rare, but can happen.

10. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:16 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    My bad, I was thinking of the slide lock lever spring. Sometimes guys tweak it too far while cleaning to get under it.

Thanks for the reply, sorry about the confusion.

11. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Nice of you to help a brother out^!

Thanks for the info. I like to keep tabs on information like that, it may be useful down the road!

12. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    Aah, no problem, Glocks nomenclature is different than pretty much everyone else. That's the slide stop you're talking about.. kinda confusing.

MotoTundra[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    I didn't even see this post. Thank you.

14. Dec 7, 2016 at 9:30 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    If I make any more Glock posts I'm going to have to do my research before posting haha. Yes, that's what I meant. I'm half asleep, I'll use that as my excuse!

Tundra Fan[QUOTED] and T-Rex266 like this.
  15. Dec 22, 2016 at 9:44 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    Got it today, it's installed and working again. Thank you dwarmbrodt :thumbsup::cheers:

MotoTundra likes this.
  16. Dec 22, 2016 at 9:49 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Got 17's?

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top