1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FUEL READINGS: "distance to empty"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eclipsed & Floating, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Aug 27, 2017 at 7:39 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating [OP] Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Almost home last night, 5 gallon rotopak full, fuel light's on, refusal to stop again, I'm wondering what kind of "cushion" I have in this gas guzzler when I first see the light on and after I pass 0.....

What I found was that the "fuel low"
    refuses to go off at 20 miles left on the distance to empty reading, I get more that 20 miles because I was below 0 for at least 15 miles, and had more miles left.

When I finally stopped my small gas tank only took 22.1 gallons before it wouldn't allow me to continue pumping.

Does anyone know what kind of range we have AFTER 0??

2. Aug 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Right now, looks like -15 :D

3. Aug 27, 2017 at 9:47 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I've always maintained that these gauges and display readouts are just for reference and each vehicle is going to be different. Keep gas in the tank or fit a jerry can, because at some point you're going to find it's limits and run out, probably when you're late or during a hail storm.

4. Aug 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating [OP] Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I had 5 gallons in my rotopak so I wasn't afraid of running out. I knew I'd make it. I'm very anal about not running out but it was late and I wasn't interested in stopping again after 15 hours of driving on the day!

5. Aug 27, 2017 at 3:41 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    I've driven over 40 miles after it read 0. That was coming back from deep in the desert and that was after dumping all our spare gas in. When I got to a gas station, I waited about 10 minutes before pumping gas. Gave the fuel pump some time to cool before shocking it with cold gas.

Products Discussed in

To Top