1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front windshield tinted

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Kyle100, May 19, 2017.

1. May 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    Getting mine done on Sunday. My eyes are so sensitive to light and the glare at night is really bothering me. I don't know if it's this windshield or what, but it seems worse than it was in my Tacoma. And the heat that comes in the massive windshield... Hoping it will help with all of it.

Kyle100[OP] likes this.
  2. May 20, 2017 at 7:31 AM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Thanks for the pics guys... went to my tint shop and saw the Crystaline 70. Looks like what i will go with. They also had the 90 for a cheaper price.. anyone ever try the 90 or I shouldn't even consider it? Looks like its heat blocking isn't as good as the 70.

3. May 20, 2017 at 8:23 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I would suppose that the shop would have the figures put out by 3M on some literature or more likely on posters on the wall in the waiting room. The difference is measurable with equipment, but may be negligible to the driver/passengers. Personal preference would probably rule in this case.

4. May 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    Yes, I am in Round Rock, TX (Austin area) and had my windshield and sunroof tinted in addition to all doors and rear window. Yes, the rear doors and window were already tinted, but the additional tint helped with the heat. I had Xpel paint protection film put on the front end paint, so they gave me a good deal on the window tint: XPEL PRIME XR88 all rear windows, sunroof and windshield; PRIME XR35 2 front door windows. It is amazing how much cooler the steering wheel and dash are now and the sun roof cover is cooler too. The 88 meets the Texas DMV requirements since it has to be pretty much clear.

5. May 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Got Crystalline 70 installed on my windshield today. So far I like it. Can't really tell you have tint but makes a huge difference in heat.
    IMG_2049.jpg IMG_2051.jpg

ChucklesToy, Wynnded and HUTCHJ like this.
  6. May 26, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Anyone have dark tint strip added to the top of your windshield? I don't like the look but wondering if it helps out a lot. Like I wonder if you don't need your visors with them. Very tempted to add it to my windshield.

7. May 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    The guy that tinted my windshield suggested it said it makes it look as if the rest of the windshield isn't tinted as much so you don't get hassled about it. I decided not to because of the fact that I am tall and I look through the top couple of inches of my windshield and didn't want to look through 5% all the time.

BlueBottle[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. May 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Thanks for your input. Maybe I will do 20% so I can still see through it if needed. I use my visor a lot and if I can get away without using my visors it will be worth it.

On a side note, anyone use any suction mounts on tinted glass? I have a v1 radar w suction mounts I would like to use.

Products Discussed in

To Top