1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front End Vibrations at 55mph - 2012 CrewMax with 28,000 Miles

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by hafadan, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Mar 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM
    hafadan

hafadan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 White CrewMax Tundra 2WD
    Ok Tundra Techs here's the low down:

When accelerating vibrations start at about 50mph then worsens at 55mph. The truck also pulls hard to the right when I let the steering wheel go. I feel like the vibration is coming from the front passenger side. I did take a look at that side and noticed that there is a build up of oily substance on the front passenger side strut. Could this be the problem?

Questions you might ask:
    Tire Flat spots? Rotated & Balanced? not likely, I just had the tires rotated and balanced and the vibration still exist on that same front passenger side. Pretty severe when the dash board flexes up and down.

I barely drive the beast. FYI, 2012 Tundra CrewMax and has 28K miles and fresh off the 5 yr/60k warranty. (of course) Could any of you Tundra Techs give me some suggestions as to what might be the problem? I'm pretty disappointed that I'm even seeking help being that this truck is practically brand new.

2. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:35 AM
    Troynjade

Troynjade Beast mode 5.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Wa
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tundra
    7" procomp lift, 3" body lift. Amp research powerstep, 22" fuel rims, 38" nitto tires, Custom leather seat covers black with red stiching, alpine inz928 deck, 2x10" subs, 1500 watt alpine amp, 400watt amp for door speakers. Procomp Traction bars, fuel grille, Black headlight housing with 6000k hid, rear airbags, rear and front camera, k&n air intake, 40" light bar. Rear under bumper led light bar. Prodigy trailer brakes. 5.29 Nitro Gears. Auburn Posi Rear End. Dirty Deeds Budget Dump.
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully you get it figured out.

3. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    What is the buildup of oily substance on the shock? Blown shock? Leaking CV boot? Road force balanced or just a regular balance on the tires. Although alignments shouldnt affect vibrations, it also shows if any ball joints, tie rod ends are loose...gotten an alignment lately? Checked your CV axle?
    Are all suspension and driveline parts in spec?

4. Mar 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM
    hafadan

hafadan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 White CrewMax Tundra 2WD
    Nick T, this is the response I wanted. I appreciate your help here. Will delve more deep into this and investigate the above suggestions. Cheers!

5. Mar 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    Shaggypeach

Shaggypeach New Member

Member:
    I had a bent rim once that would vibrate between a certain speed range. The fact that you mentioned a speed range makes me think it could be a bent rim. very easy to spot at a tire shop but they usually do not check it unless you tell them to. At least that was my experience. Does the car pop or crack when you are turning? Does it feel weird or make out of the ordinary sounds when you turn or go over a bump / hole ?

6. Mar 24, 2018 at 2:12 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    @hafadan
    Welcome aboard from AZ!
    Is your suspension stock? If not, what are the modifications?
    Are the rims and tires factory original? If not, what are you running?

Products Discussed in

To Top