1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Free live music fest stream

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by owslystnly, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Aug 25, 2016 at 8:05 PM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 SR5 Crewmax w/ SR5 upgrade+TRD Offroad
    Nothing yet
    For all us hippies out there, Lockn is live streaming free today thru Sunday. Much more enjoyable from the couch. I went last year, I don't have many positive things to say about the actual fest, from the non-vip 3rd class citizen treatment, to the penitentiary fence around the main concert area, to the 'portopotties cleaned every 4 hours' which had mounds miles high.

But I'll watch the bands I love for free, for sure. (Ween on right now). Looking forward to Phil and Friends w/ the Phish guys and Infamous Stringdusters and Gary Clark Jr and Chris Robinson!

Enjoy!!

http://www.locknfestival.com/livestream

2. Aug 26, 2016 at 5:58 AM
    Wilbur

Wilbur New Member

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM
    You've got to be a jam band son of a bitch to enjoy that lineup. This will help my Sunday scaries go away while I watch in a dark cold room awaiting the reality that is Monday morning at work.

3. Aug 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    I don't know who Moon Taxi is but they just played a killer All Along the Watchtower.

4. Aug 27, 2016 at 11:30 AM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
    Your description of said festival attendance sounds positively scrumptious, lol.

5. Aug 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    We were in a pretty bad mood by the time we got in last year. First day had been cancelled due to thunderstorms/microburst/tornado. (Took 8 hours to get in on the 2nd day) Ended up staying in charlottesville partying with a buncha zonked out hippies. Somehow ended up hangin with a group that turned out to be best friends from HS with my buddy from Vermont. Small effing world.

But overall vibe was just crappy. I'll enjoy it a lot more from my couch.

Funny/scary story though. Guys tenting next to us were from me and my buddy's old haunts in Rochester. Huge Umphrey's fans. Took their paper around 1am before Umphrey's took the stage (they slayed). Started pouring. Their buddy had never partook before. He bugged out, nobody could get in touch with him for 2 days. There were understandably worried. He walked 60 miles back to charlottesville, tripping, in the pouring rain, and had somebody he knew from State College drive down and pick him up.

[​IMG]

6. Aug 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
    Their buddy's trip reminds me of an experience I had at a Greatfull Dead concert in '79, lol. I'll never forget images I have in my skull from that night....lol.
    Suprising I remember anything at all..

7. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:44 AM
    Wilbur

Wilbur New Member

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM
    Moon Taxi is awesome. They are from my neck of the woods, Nashville TN.

Products Discussed in

To Top