1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Viper3G, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Dec 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM
    Viper3G

Viper3G [OP] Why isn't work more like this?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crew Max 1794 4WD Super White
    Phillips X-treme Ultinon LED H4 bulbs, 3M Color Stable 35 tint on front doors, 3M Crystalline 40 on sunroof, OEM bed liner, OEM running boards, Morimoto fog LEDs, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite, Husky X-Act Contour floor mats
    Finally got around to installing my G4 Elite on my 2016 1794 with the tie down rail system. I ordered it on Thanksgiving and it has been sitting in the garage for a couple weeks since I was slammed with work and family stuff. I decided to do the install myself instead of spending $200 for the Line-X guys to do it for me. I'm not the mechanically inclined but I watched the installation videos on YouTube and read the manual and it looked fairly straight forward. The install took longer since I forgot to put in the tie down clamps on the rails and had to take the cover brackets off and I had to fiddle with the wind rails and mounting brackets to square everything up. I still have a minor issue with the blade locks sliding under the clamp flanges on the middle panel so I know there's some minor adjustments needed.

One tip: I recommend you allot enough time to complete the install in one shot. The directions say to locktite most of the bolts. That's OK if you can finish the install in one day. I started late and had to finish the following morning and had to go back and break loose several of the bolts to make adjustments, requiring more locktite. And if you are using a permanent locktite be careful!

Here's a picture. I still need to put on the weather seals on the front panel near the cab and on top of the tailgate. I can already tell I may need to change the seal that attaches to the bottom of the rear panel so it sits properly on top of the tailgate and won't fold under itself when closed.

I definitely like this cover as it allows me to fold it back 3/4s. It has a lock and the panel next to the cab locks and lifts up for easy access. I heard that the key locks can freeze up but here in SoCal it's not an issue and can be mitigated by leaving it in the unlocked position. It does require some tools if you need to remove it, which for me should be a rare occurrence.
    IMG_4589.jpg

waj30 and Achuop like this.
  2. Aug 31, 2018 at 11:23 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 TUNDRA LIMITED
    has your shell faded a bunch since you had it ?
    how about leaks ?

Products Discussed in

To Top