1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog light wiring

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by behemoth8u, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Feb 23, 2020 at 11:54 PM
    behemoth8u

behemoth8u [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Grade 5.7L
    Intermittent Wiper
    Hi guys. First time posting but have been lurking for a while.
    I have a 2008 Tundra Grade Double Cab. I found the wiring behind the bumper for the fog lights and decided to try to add them. I got the relay and a set of fog lights and put them all in. I wanted to go as factory as possible, so I got the turn signal/headlight stalk with the fog light switch on it and installed it along with the intermittent wiper stalk. I've had no luck being able to get the fog lights to work. I've tried some troubleshooting steps, and it looks like I don't have the wiring between the signal stalk connector and the J3 connector inside the dash that is needed to run the fog lights. I was wondering if anyone has run into this situation before and managed to get it working. If not, if someone who had the factory fog lights with turn signal stalk from factory could get a picture of J3 and the wiring coming out of the connector on the base of the stalk, that would be awesome. There seems to at least be 1 wire that I'm missing.

Tundra2 likes this.
  2. Nov 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM
    SanDiegoSlovak

SanDiegoSlovak Junior Woodchuck

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Double Cab SR5 4x4
    Eibach Pro Truck Coilover Stage 2, RCI skids (engine, transmission, rear diff), Demello Hybrid Sliders, Morimoto XB headlights
    OP - did you ever find a solution to your fog light challenge? I have a 2008 DC that didn't have fog lights from the factory and am interested in adding them.

3. Nov 3, 2021 at 7:53 AM
    Jeff_5_7

Jeff_5_7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Houston Tx Area
    Vehicle:
    2007 RCSB 2014+ TRD Pro Conversion 5.7 4x4
    Full 2014+ Conversion Regular Cab Short Bed 4X4 2019 TRD Pro Grill, 2014+ Front End Swap 2014+ Interior/Dash Swap with TRD Pro Leather Seats, 2014+ Bed Swap with TRD Pro Stamping SOS 2/4 Drop Kit
    This should help. The main ECU J3 connector controls it. The Pink wire far right is the switch. When its "ON" it connects to ground and tells the ecu to send a signal down the blue wire to energize the relay. When the relay closeses it powers the fog lights from the Orange wire/fuse directly connected to the battery.

upload_2021-11-3_9-51-8.jpg

4. Nov 16, 2021 at 8:48 AM
    Jyhawk2008

Jyhawk2008 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra CrewMax
    I am confused a little. 2008 Tundra no factory lights or switch. I would like to use the factory wiring and factory switch. I have added a relay into the foglight relay spot (under the hood fuse box).Lights installed and connected to the harness. So now all I need to do is cut the pick wire from J3 connect it to the switch and ground the switch and there will be lights(when the switch and light control are turned on)?

Products Discussed in

To Top