1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flooding in a no flood area. Gonzales, Louisiana

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Law323, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Aug 15, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    Law323

Law323 [OP] it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Bro, in a cluster f*** like this, all you can do is make the best of it or go bat crazy.

2. Aug 15, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Thanks man. Everybody needs help or will need help at least once in their lifetimes.
    If it were me, I'd want someone to help me, so why not do the same for others? Golden rule trumps all!

Thanks brother! Glad to hear from a fellow Baton Rouge-ian (gimme a break I'm a few beers deep right now LOL)
    Were those pics from the 83 flood?

driverdog and ColoradoTJ like this.
  3. Aug 16, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    I am hearing on the news this morning that water is still rising. Hope that is not true. Thought it had crested. Is looting much of a threat as water receeds? Or is the local LE prepared for this threat?

Law323[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 16, 2016 at 5:40 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    It's gone down where my house is. It's just rising in other areas further south trying to drain.
    It's crested and is cresting. What that means is the levees holding the water in has topped off around the rivers and bayous, but water is still traveling over into surrounding areas. Factor in path of least resistance and you've got what's going on.
    We honestly haven't had any looting, people are just trying to get the heck out. Hopefully that trend holds, but trust me, most guys this far south down here either open carry or have a CCP, and in a situation like this, a "shoot first ask questions later" is most likely what's gonna happen. And everybody knows it.

ColoradoTJ and NewImprovedRon like this.
  5. Aug 16, 2016 at 5:48 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    It's going to be messed there for some time. Good thing you folks are OK. You definitely don't want any more rain. Going to take awhile to dry out and the fixing begins. Sorry man. Hang there.

Law323[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I sure hope there is no looting as well. Damn shame when it happens. Where I live, if you get caught in a fire evacuated area looting homes they throw the book at you. Last year I seen some of the looters get 27 years in jail. Screw em!

Glad the water is going down around you, keep on saving and helping. Be safe.

How is the Doc doing with all this? Is she at the local hospital or with you?

Law323[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. Aug 16, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    It's all good man. Yeah it's gonna take a few days for the water to completely go down. Ripping out damaged goods will start as soon as possible (gonna have a lot of fires in the days to come out in the country and that means a good sixer with a bonfire....a family favorite in mine!)
    It sucks, but hey, you can either wallow in pity or get to rebuilding. I choose rebuilding. Look forward, not back.
    Honestly, that's all we can do to keep from breaking down. Screw that.

8. Aug 16, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Man if there are, forget the book, these country folk will shoot you and leave your sorry behind in the swamps. Chalk it up to a body lost to floodwaters. (Hmm I can't tell if that's appropriate thinking or harboring sociopathic tendencies LOL)

Thanks Chris. Little lady moved to Memphis for residency last Thursday morning. I was to stay behind until Sunday to put down new flooring, fix up the house for renters, etc. Got sidetracked helping others starting Friday after work, now there's no point in laying new flooring. Plan is just to rip out the rest, cut out damaged moulding and Sheetrock, and anything else that needs to be done and leave it as is and fix it up over a while.
    Priority for me is secure a job up in Memphis. Family and friends will check in on the house for me every once in a while until I can get shit sorted.

9. Aug 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    Glad your safe man..

Law323[OP] likes this.
  10. Aug 16, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    efe4d6f4e007be25bfda846f119c2410_3fed2c941ee681900dd0e298973697aad318406f.jpg

This happened somewhere near you in the floods..

Law323[OP] likes this.
  11. Aug 16, 2016 at 8:15 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Yeah, some roads are completely gone, missing whole sections caused by rushing waters. Basically hyper erosion.

12. Aug 16, 2016 at 8:19 AM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    Where you are at are you cut off from main land do to roads gone?

Media is not covering it they are back on the political trail again..

13. Aug 16, 2016 at 8:25 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Oh we're not way down south. We're still on the mainlands, but no, we can still get anywhere we need to. Just gotta know your way around. Now some main interstates and highways are closed due to water, but thanks to some man made dams they put up yesterday and last night, more and more roads are opening up. @Mike

Mike likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top