1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First of Many...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrTuRDPro, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    MrTuRDPro

MrTuRDPro [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro (Voodoo Blue)
    None...yet!
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to these forums but have actually been perusing the content for the last four days like a rabid lion with an insatiable appetite for meaty flesh. Is that a corny analogy? Probably, but...whatevs!

I purchased a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro (Inferno paint) last week, and I'm finally passionate about my vehicle again. My previous love was a rambunctious girl in fire red, named Pamela...she was my 2012 Durango R/T. Pamela and I had to part ways unfortunately (fiscally driven decision) and I ended up going back to something more practical by way of a 2014 Maxima SV Sport. I didn't even take the time to name it (something of a habit of mine)...note how I called the car "it"? Yeah, had that one for about six months and managed to accomplish the aforementioned fiscal goals.

I've been in the market for a full size pick up for a couple months and have always been impressed with the look and overall value of the Toyota offering. I wouldn't do Ford but I heavily evaluated Chevy and Dodge (I'm a Mopar fan, yes). Well, living in San Antonio where the Tundra is built, naturally I decided to go this route. I couldn't be happier. Oh, by the way, her name is Veruca...as in Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. "I want it now Daaahdy!" <English accent voice>

Anyhow, that's my story in a nutshell. I haven't taken any photos yet but plan on doing it this weekend. Those will be posted as soon as I'm done.

Without further delay, here's to years of posts, advice, debates, contributions, and fun. I'm really looking forward to learning and growing through the amazing knowledge vehicle forums always seem to provide.

Take care and thanks for reading,
    MrTuRDPro (a.k.a. Toby)

Bob likes this.
  2. Jan 17, 2015 at 2:08 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    Welcome and congrats. Burnt orange Pro is my favorite trim. Got any pictures?

3. Jan 17, 2015 at 2:25 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner Black
    Welcome!

4. Jan 17, 2015 at 7:28 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Welcome. Good intro. You found the right forum too. Lots of good info and lots of new members continually joining and adding helpful information.

5. Jan 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    I detailed the heck out of her today but didn't pull out the camera. It was at the end of the day and I lost most of the good sunlight. Gonna get some tomorrow but probably won't have them posted until tomorrow evening (Son's birthday party to throw...woot woot!) I love this color, particularly since it's only available in the TRD Pro package.

6. Jan 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    Viper, totally agreed on the right forum. Tundra Talk seemed good too, but thread topics often branched off into subjects/discussions which didn't adhere to original post. Plus, I followed a couple threads reading up on wheel offsets and what size wheels/tires/etc. to choose and it usually ended in some opinionated and heated debates. Haven't seen any indication of that in here...not that it really matters.

Appreciate the welcomes and I'm super stoked to follow these amazing discussions...That Sacred guy build an insane truck! Oh-Em-Eff-Geeeeeeeeeeeee!

csuviper[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jan 18, 2015 at 1:07 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Welcome to the site!

8. Jan 18, 2015 at 4:20 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    Thank you Sean. Really enjoying it thus far.

9. Jan 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Nice entry into the community, you made 2 great choices. Buying the Best Truck on the road and the best Tundra forum out there. Trust me, because most of them are not user friendly and tend to be a buddy system, meaning you very seldom got help for any questions or concerns. This is a great site and there are a lot of knowledgeable guy's on here for your Tundra questions. Welcome from Obx,Nc

T-Rex266 likes this.
  10. Jan 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    As promised, here are some pics I took today. About time, I know, but I wanted to wait for some decent weather and a "fairly" fresh detail job.

I love this color!

IMG_2925_bbc9c983e9efcc456769e9a52d451c67c663a7de.jpg

f0078626-d79d-4b7f-8b5e-4fca5430a147_e043ea91ae78a318d6083849129d6b36e5f500a4.jpg

5cf3d1b9-0d2d-4a40-9b68-52f00cee88a8_349d2df3ebd25d16882cc0ae9cb30b033ee0c6ae.jpg

csuviper, chphilo and rons23 like this.
  11. Jan 18, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    So awesome. Almost makes me want to trade mine in for the pro

12. Jan 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    So sexy

13. Jan 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    I will admit, she's a sexy little Veruca...thanks for the compliments. Now for some modifications. First is weathertech digitalfit floor mats but that will be followed with Luverne nerf bars (maybe Iron Cross), spray-in bedliner (Line-X), and the wheel/tire set up.

14. Jan 18, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    tuna813

tuna813 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tuna!
    Vehicle:
    13' RCSB
    I would make bad financials decisions if I ever walked into the local dearleship and an inferno Tundra was in the parking lot. Absolutely love this truck

15. Jan 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    Tuna, it took phone calls to 17 dealerships within 200 miles to find this one. I had no clue it was one of those "order only" packages (from what all the dealers said). Luckily I nailed one down at a dealer only about 25 miles away. The gods smiled upon me that day.
    :burnrubber:

tuna813[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jan 19, 2015 at 5:20 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    My local dealership had one and it was gone that day. I wanted to see one in person, but no such luck. You are lucky. I have heard people waiting for months for one.

17. Jan 19, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    scratchex

scratchex New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Limited
    3" lift TRD Exhaust 20" Fuel Lethal Wheels Toyo AT Tires Black Flares w/ spikes
    I'm not even joking when I say I think I called nearly every Toyota dealership in Texas looking for a TRD Pro. I initially wanted a black one and no one had one. I found one dealer in Dallas that said they could get one from Louisiana but I think they were yanking my chain. All of the TRD Pro's were pretty much spoken for so I was going to have to put down $500 just to order one & they were saying it could take a few months to arrive. After doing more research & talking to an out of town dealership about the truck I ended up going w/ the Limited. There were features I just could never get in the TRD Pro so I ended up going w/ the Limited. Plus this dealership was the only one that was up front with me and was willing to help me build/configure the truck I wanted. Not being able to see one in person as well as test drive one was another thing I couldn't get over. I still would like to see an all black one in person though.

18. Jan 19, 2015 at 6:34 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    I love my Limited! It's such a huge upgrade from the SR5...I just wish the TRDPro was made in Limited version when I was looking

scratchex likes this.
  19. Jan 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    Ultimately, the differences between the two, at least from what I've learned in my research, is probably best served by aftermarket upgrades anyhow. There are some perks to the Limited which made the choice between the two tremendously difficult to evaluate and make a final decision on. Of course, once I took a look at this color, I was in love. Such is life my friend. You made a solid decision. Matter of fact, I had to submit a $500 deposit to the dealership to have them hold it for me for 24-hours. Those TRD Pros go like hotcakes. Makes me wonder why more dealerships aren't simply ordering the builds to have them in stock...the demand seems to be overwhelming the supply if dealers are selling that package in ~24-hour periods.

All said, I'm stoked with what I got, particularly since I talked those boys down about $4k under sticker and even had the finance manager give me 75% off the cost of all the Platinum Extended Warranty upgrades. I made out like a bandit considering how difficult this model is to locate.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase and am even happier to have a group of Tundra beasts validating my choices. Thanks guys, much obliged <Toby dips his hat>

csuviper likes this.
  20. Jan 28, 2015 at 6:23 PM
    tuna813

tuna813 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tuna!
    Vehicle:
    13' RCSB
    I keep coming back to this thread... yup, they do go like hotcakes. Made some phone calls... nothing available!

21. Jan 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!
    Will a dealership order one for you with a minimal deposit? One dealership I spoke with locally said they'd order one with a signed "Intent to Buy" (whatever that is) contract and a $500 deposit.

Just a thought.

22. Jan 28, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    scratchex

scratchex New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Limited
    3" lift TRD Exhaust 20" Fuel Lethal Wheels Toyo AT Tires Black Flares w/ spikes
    Any dealership should be able to order you one w/ a $500 refundable deposit. All of the dealerships that I called when I was initially going to get one said they could order one w/ the deposit & they all informed me that the deposit was refundable. I specifically asked if the deposit was refundable b/c my concern was what if I didn't like the way it looked or the way it drove etc...and they assured me it was refundable. Give it a week i'm sure one will pop up, heck I'm sure a lot of those dealerships you called will be calling you soon. They all pretty much started calling me back about a week or 2 after I initially called them informing me they had one in stock or on the way.

23. Jan 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM
    MrTuRDPro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None...yet!

Products Discussed in

To Top