1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender rust/fender flares

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by WorkinMansTundra, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Feb 12, 2020 at 7:58 AM
    WorkinMansTundra

WorkinMansTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tundra 4x4
    AE2458CF-E57B-4832-ADE3-D22C9A61853B.jpg 52D8D760-55D2-4067-ACD5-700389450E49.jpg Hello, I’m a new member and I thought I’d ask the experts if they have any suggestions for my rust problem on a 2000 Tundra 4x4. It used to live in northern IN and the salt has done a number on it. My most pressing issue is the fender rust over both rear tires. The trim is now hanging on by a thread, and I’m going to have to do something before it becomes a road projectile.

I’m considering fender flares, but there’s really not much to attach them to. Can I use bondo and some kind of mesh, then cover it with the flares? Seems like that might not be a long term fix.

It’s a work truck so it doesn’t have to be perfect, but I’d sure like for it to look kinda cool. I love the old tundras and I’m planning on keeping it for years (138,000 miles on odo).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Feb 12, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    BIGUGLY

BIGUGLY I the SheepDog. I have the capacity for Violence.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    If your going to keep it, find a new bed. That is shot and fender flares wont last long if that rust keeps working up into the metal

Products Discussed in

To Top