1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Tonneau

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by KB Voodoo, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Jun 13, 2017 at 5:51 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Pro Crewmax, Cement
    Many KB Voodoo Fabrications accessories!!
    From what I can see on the intertubes, the factory tonneau relocates the accessory rail.

Can anyone confirm this? My dealer was obviously of no help.

2. Jun 13, 2017 at 6:08 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    There is no factory tonneau cover that I've heard of. Maybe a specific dealer may have offered one but I'm fairly sure it's going to be aftermarket. If there was one it would be news to me. Most covers have and option for with or without bedrails as to how they attach to the truck.

3. Jun 13, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    KB Voodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    They show a factory tri fold in the accessories section of the Toyota website, but they might farm it out to different vendors.

I asked my dealer who makes the cover, and he said "Toyota", but I'm pretty sure Toyota doesn't actually make any covers.

Any recommendations on a trifold that doesn't relocate the accessory rail?

4. Jun 13, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    10forty2

10forty2 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD-4x4 XSP-X
    I got mine from the local Leonard dealer. It's a hard tri-fold. Didn't have to relocate the bed rails...basically slid the hardware for the cover into the cargo rails, laid the cover on top of the bed sides, and secured it with the latches. So far it's leak-proof, looks nice and is very functional. I think it was around $800 installed.

Okie likes this.
  5. Jun 13, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Sorry my trifold is a soft one. But it used the factory location of the accessory rail. I'm pretty sure most of them do or they don't use it at all. I couldn't give you a good recommendation as I haven't used any of the others. But it seems like a lot of people like one called the backflip. Hopefully someone else will chime in... or there is quite a few threads on this in the forum.

6. Jun 13, 2017 at 8:38 AM
    Okie

Okie I'd rather be fishing!

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Tecumseh, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tundra Crewmax
    My parts guy from the local Yota shop says they install a roll n loc PN# LG570M or an Undercover Flex PN#FX41008. If that helps any. I know with Undercover the factory rails are needed because they are used to secure the clamps for the cover however the factory bed tie downs are to big and interfer with cover. Not sure of the Roll N Loc

7. Jun 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Toyota does outsource to a parts maker, which looks similar to the undercover.

I know the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 does not require relocation of the side rails. You install brackets into the rails which are then used to secure the tonneau.
    Pictures can be found in my previous build.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/krezz-warlock-edition.10273/page-3#post-189567 - shows pictures of the clamps used.

8. Jun 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM
    KB Voodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    I think I'm definitely leaning towards that Extang.

Krezz[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jun 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Comes off in like 5 mins as well when you need to take it off, which I really like.

10. Jun 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM
    allybear21

allybear21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 Barcelona Red
    My dealer just installed my "factory" cover. It is the rugged cover 2. It's nice looking, but those handles are a pain in the rear. I would prefer a one handed release.

11. Jul 19, 2017 at 12:18 PM
    RickC

RickC NOT a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax Platinum 4x4 5.7
    SCS Wheels, Line-X, WeatherTech, UnderCover Flex bed cover
    I have an Undercover with no bedrails. The actual way it works, is you order the brackets based on whether you have rails or not. They will send the brackets required to attach the cover to the truck.

Okie[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jul 19, 2017 at 1:56 PM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
    I have a Roll N Lock tonneau. It came with brackets to install for both with or without bedrail. Easy self install, and great product.

13. Jul 19, 2017 at 2:03 PM
    RickC

RickC NOT a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax Platinum 4x4 5.7
    SCS Wheels, Line-X, WeatherTech, UnderCover Flex bed cover
    I love the Roll N Loc covers, I had one on a Chevrolet for many years, it was awesome. I picked up my Undercover used. The previous owner had it on a 2014 DC with the rails. I called Undercover and ordered the brackets to mount to a truck without the rails and wound up with around 450.00 in the entire cover which is a steal. I like it, but it's not as nice as a Roll N Loc.

14. Aug 23, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    Plasticman

Plasticman New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tundra Platinum
    Just purchased a new 2017 Tundra with a factory Toyota tri-fold hard bed cover. Don't know who makes it but it has a "Toyota" sticker on the back edge of it and was shown on the Toyota factory window invoice. It has special drain gutters under the cover on both sides that collect and funnel any water out through small corrugated tubes that route out through the front bed corners...

KB Voodoo[OP] likes this.
  15. Aug 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    All this talk and no pics... :)

KB Voodoo[OP] likes this.
  16. Sep 24, 2017 at 7:49 PM
    Plasticman

Plasticman New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tundra Platinum
    Pictures of the Toyota Tundra tri-fold bed cover. The cover is easily removed or you can fold it back and fasten in order to drive with it open. The internal rain gutters have offset adapters that allow the Tundra factory tie-down system to slightly relocate but still are fully functional...
    Sorry the pictures are not on the truck but I replaced the tri-fold with an Undercover solid bed cover...

2017-09-21 Tundra Tri-Fold Bed Cover (1).jpg
    2017-09-21 Tundra Tri-Fold Bed Cover (2).jpg
    2017-09-21 Tundra Tri-Fold Bed Cover (3).jpg

LKSR5-14 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top