1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Explain it to me like I'm 5. Mid Travel Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lars, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Jul 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM
    n2deep

n2deep Pavement Princess

Member:
    Proof that it can happen to any if the brands. Top cap pulled out either from rotating and catching sonething on droop or poor build QC. Have seen the top cap come out on every brand but King but they have a different top design on the OEM replacements than the others. But easily fixed with replacement parts and don't have to replace the whole shock.

20180715_085304.jpg

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  2. Jul 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM
    the_midwesterner

the_midwesterner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro - Quicksand
    None, yet....
    To answer the question about Kings, my shocks are delayed further because of the fitment issues. My assumption is due to the possibility of rotation or bypass tube placement, but delayed nonetheless.

3. Jul 26, 2018 at 7:16 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Any interested out there in some new rear hydros? Its a bolt on kit. Shoot me a PM if you may be interested. Cheers

4. Apr 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    zackbremer

zackbremer New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Da Z
    check my build thread for taking MT as far as you can go..im at 12.5in up front and 14in in the rear

osidepunker and dcsleeper408 like this.
  5. Apr 30, 2019 at 12:58 PM
    Justin@bajakits

Justin@bajakits Suspension dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    California
    Vehicle:
    07-17 Tundra: Bajakits chase kit demo vehicle
    Bajakits Chase kit: UCAs with king 2.5 coilovers Bajakits Rear Chase kit: Deaver F85 pack with King 2.5 Remote Resi.

One thing I have heard from other guys buying shocks second hand. Or ordering from a company that did not know, possibly inexperienced, is the fact that some guys will get OEM Replacements and not get an EXT made shock (extended due to internal shock spacer removal). This is done when there is an aftermarket leaf pack added which in turn gets a bit more travel than stock leafs. Or we order a longer shock depending on the planned kit/use for the truck. But guys will think they have that option but do not.

Thus running into big issues maxing the shock out internally causing damage over time. The top threads could be the weak point in the equation and let go due to downward force in a "whoop" style section or articulation. Lots of us push our trucks harder than we are suppose to with the current setup which is why we upgrade over time. Just some insight, hope that helps a little as well as makes a bit of sense!:burnrubber:

GiantsFanDan likes this.
  6. May 3, 2019 at 8:50 PM
    KevinK

KevinK SGU - High Speed Overlander

Member:
    Back in Arizona. Again.
    Vehicle:
    SGU - Speed Glampers Uberfahrt
    Tundras to Sedona
    This is an articulate response.

You must not be from around here.

:rofl:

We deal mostly in vagaries and balderdash. If you can throw in a ‘my friend said...’ here and there, that will lend you some credibility. My friend said so. :anonymous:

7. May 3, 2019 at 9:04 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    Better suspension than stock, not quite LT.

Products Discussed in

To Top