1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Experiences with service at non selling dealer

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Stumpjumper, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Oct 3, 2017 at 10:40 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I know that I can take my Tundra in to any Toyota dealer for service under Toyota care but wondering if they would bump me to the back of the line. I am sure if one of their regulars arrives right behind me they will be out before I am. The dealer I am thinking about going to worked hard to locate me a truck but I ended up cancelling the deal. Worst part is I bought a model that I had told them did not want. I will only be using the dealer for the free oil changes.

040Tundra likes this.
  2. Oct 3, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Usually the service centre works separate of the sales end of things. At least here it is. Each department here is in essence their own business department. My service centre couldn't care less where you bought the vehicle, or how you enjoyed the sales end. As long as you're paying them and they are doing the work.

I personally love seeing other dealership plate frames here, because it means there is a reason they aren't at their original dealership that maybe I can assist with for any future purchase needs.

Service, service, service...

Wvmoonshiner and 040Tundra like this.
  3. Oct 3, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    so what you are saying I ought to receive the same treatment as one of their regulars

4. Oct 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    You should and you better.
    Any paying customer deserves top treatment.

You should receive the same treatment by them regardless where you bought. So if they treat you poorly, it shouldn't be because of your purchase location, but rather they just suck at customer service.

Dealerships are no more than franchises. If you came to mine for service, having had bought else where, I would want to woe you into purchasing from us next time around and trying to keep all your services internal.
    Just basic business logic and good customer service imo.

5. Oct 3, 2017 at 1:01 PM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    I didn’t buy my truck from the dealer I get service at and they treat me just like all their other clients.

I’ve taken my wife RX350 to my service dealer that I didn’t buy my truck from and I get the same service as any other person there whether I’m in my truck or RX350. They really could care less where you bought it at, they have their numbers to meet just like everyone else.

You’ll be fine taking your truck wherever you want.

6. Oct 8, 2017 at 3:04 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SuperWhite CrewMax Limited
    Extang Folding Tonneau, 20 percent tint, TRD dual exhaust, BedMat, Stubby antennae, Bully Hitch Step, AVS Window Shades
    I don't take my Honda or the wife's Nissan to the dealers we bought them at.

The Honda is basically a distance issue and the Nissan is a service issue.

The truck I take to the Hoffman Toyota but bought it at Hoffman Ford so it's in the same family.

For the most part Hoffman does me ok but every now and again I have to check them for trying to do a service that's not needed. I think you have to do that with all service departments though.

7. Oct 8, 2017 at 3:28 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    Western NC, “Boondocks”
    Yeah, I would not overthink it...they want your business regardless of where you bought your truck. I have never used the service dept where I originally bought my Tundra. I have a dealer closer. As mentioned sales is sales and service is service.

8. Oct 8, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I take our vehicles (Honda and my truck) to the dealers that I bought them from because they have great service (and even talk me out of unnecessary service). But if it wasn't great service, I wouldn't hesitate to go elsewhere. There are other options and they know it. The best example of great service I have, though is several years ago I was hauling a travel trailer (non-Tundra vehicle) back to Texas from Wally World in Orlando when the rear differential went out. Limped the truck into the dealer. They got me right in, and although they didn't have replacement parts, got me back on the road. Truck died again as I arrived home and local dealer picked it up. Turns out that brand had known issues with differentials. Point is, they didn't know me from Adam and took care of me! I recall as a kid my Dad had a similar issue with a lifter that failed - dealer service took care of him too!

Products Discussed in

To Top