1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Everytime someone asks why Toyota

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by sunnysideTRD, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Dec 25, 2018 at 9:48 AM
    MaxYota

MaxYota GrilledCheese

Member:
    First Name:
    Murf
    MS Gulfcoast
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO VooDoo Blue
    Mighty Mouse suction cupped to the review 8 ball shifter. Driver side "Oh poop" handle. Smoked side window deflectors. ReadyLift TRD PRO +2 for front. 1.5" ProFormFab Shackles + 1" ToyTec block for rear. SDHQ Hidden winch mount with Badlands 9000 winch. 305/70r18 Cooper Discoverer STT PRO
    This is the Hilux I had while deployed to Afghanistan. It was a 4wd, standard, diesel and right hand drive. That thing was fun to drive. FDE3BDF0-E0FB-4013-82EE-A8445925D6FE.jpg

2. Dec 25, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    rebmo

rebmo 2020 Crewmax Limited 4wd Silver/Black

Member:
    Rural SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2020 CM LImited 5.7L V8 4WD
    My friend that grew up in Baghdad Iraq said when he was young it was nothing but Chevy pickups and they lasted forever. In the late 70s 80s that changed with GM quality going down and Toyota took over and it's been that way since. When you see folks mocking Tundras that ISIS drives they don't realize that Toyotas are everywhere in the middle east (not just ISIS).

I worked for a supplier for Toyota and they were the most loyal to us as a supplier. The domestics would just as soon move their business overseas just to save a buck. IMHO, Toyota was light years ahead of all the other auto manufacturers in terms of quality and liability. They were true partners in quality and developing their suppliers. I bought a Toyota for the first time in the late 90s and was blown away by the lack of problems I had with domestics and have never looked back. Look on the used car lots, lots of domestics available. Hard to find Toyotas or Hondas for that matter. That right there says a lot.

Taco-Blender likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top