1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune, rocket launcher, 2wd ok for beach?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by PiesNPairs, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Sep 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM
    PiesNPairs

PiesNPairs [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota tubdra platinum
    2017 platinum tundra owner here! figured IDE put this all in one threat to hopefully make it easy and get my answers in one shot.

question 1: is there a newer version of the Toyota entune system? i currently have the 1.21.581.9 version, if so how do i update it?

question 2: i am looking to make a wooden rocket launcher for thej bed of my truck to hold several fishing rods, anyone know a website or source to purchase a nice steel custom rod holder?

question 3: i went with the 2wd truck, (my boat is only a 20ft and its in dry dock all year every year. i do not do any trailing or hauling) if any it would be light. Am i still able to perform well and get on a beach or any type of minimal off roading with the 2wd?

thanks guys!

2. Sep 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    You have a '17 take to dealer to update also ther a guy out here who has a aluminum rod holders looks likes it holds a small cooler as well i just can't remember his name but his avatar is ECU Pirates believe he has one on rear too...far as beach drive u should b good just stay on hard sand avoid loose sand... where u from?

3. Sep 12, 2017 at 4:35 AM
    PiesNPairs

PiesNPairs [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota tubdra platinum
    Currently living in Bradenton Florida

4. Sep 12, 2017 at 8:21 AM
    OBXTundra

OBXTundra Member

Member:
    Southeast USA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan Armada, 4x4
    2wd can do pretty well on the sand with good driving habits and dropping the tire pressure. I work on the outer banks of NC and see people try to drive just about everything on the beaches. There are plenty of RWD trucks and SUV's out on the beach. Keep a shovel and traction mats in your vehicle. A winch will only help you if you also have a sand anchor. If you feel like you are starting to bury the back wheels.....STOP, get out, drop tire pressure further if needed and use your traction mats to get back on top of the sand.

12-15psi in all 4 tires should keep you on top of the sand. I say all 4 tires because you want to get those front tires up "on top" of the sand as well, this will help the rear tires find traction and prevent "plowing" the sand with the front tires.

As far as a rod holder setup. Go find a local aluminum fabricator, someone who makes T-tops and bow rails, should be plenty where you live. They probably have something pre-made ready to bolt into your bed. Or they can make something that stretches from rail to rail. You'll end up with a higher quality product and probably for the same money or less than online. Another option is a rod holder/cooler holder setup that slides into your hitch.

Coolhardy likes this.
  5. Sep 12, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    imagine my disappointment when i came here because "rocket launcher" was in the title and i find out it's actually a name for fishing rod holder.

rons23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top