1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

E brake/ Rear end issue.

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Juanjoolio007, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Oct 14, 2017 at 8:59 AM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    So long story short yesterday went to the mountain and had to put on chains. The pass side chain I couldn't get tight(was buried up to the door).. got unstuck and took the chains off. The pass side one did come undone and i stopped and took it off. When i got home I put the brake on and it was super tight. Didn't touch it last night but this morning on the way home from the gym I noticed the rear end had a shudder/was bouncing. It sorta feels like the brake may be partially engaged but hard to tell. I didn't see anything on a quick glance when i got home. I realize this may be a long shot but anybody have any ideas...or may think this E brake issue is/could cause the rear end bounce? I have to pick between Les Schwab and Toyota to try and get it into so I can hopefully get it back this afternoon.

2. Oct 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    Well that was quick. Went to Les Schwab and the guy noticed pass side e brake cable had popped out of the bracket. Put it back and problem solved. Thank god! I didn’t want to ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow.

Products Discussed in

To Top