1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Draft in cab at highway speeds and going through car wash dryer

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by DexterL, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Feb 29, 2020 at 8:09 AM
    DexterL

DexterL [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 lunar rock TRD pro Seqouia
    All, have noticed this more and more recently on my 2019 tundra- when driving in windy conditions on the highway (75-90 mph) there is a strong cold draft that comes in through the back of my truck somewhere. I also notice it going through the car wash. Anyone else have the same experience? Thoughts? Take it to the dealership?

2. Feb 29, 2020 at 8:41 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    There are 1 or 2 vents back there to release air when you close the doors and to keep humidity down. Normal.

3. Feb 29, 2020 at 8:43 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    If your CM has a center console (bucket seats), it will have HVAC outlets in the rear of the console for rear seat passengers.

When you're in the car wash, and you feel the draft, reach back and feel the outlets for flow. If the switch is turned to "On", "Acc?" or "Run", the blower will provide low volume outside air flow to the dash and probably the console outlets, even when the HVAC is off. This time of year, outside air is going to be cold. A couple of recent threads have said that putting the HVAC into recirculation mode fixes that, but it doesn't bother me.

4. Feb 29, 2020 at 9:32 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Yep, re-circulation mode should take care of that. I feel air in my Crewmax even if the knob is off. More noticeable in winter.

Pudge likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top