1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doublecab Water Leak

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by 206danebmx, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Dec 15, 2018 at 8:31 PM
    206danebmx

206danebmx [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra doublecab SR5 4WD
    Hi all,

I recently found a water leak that seems to originate from the drivers side back corner of the cab by the rear passenger seat. I noticed water at the carpet to door interface and took off the plastic door sill cover and can see water coming from the back corner.

Anybody experience this before? I've got the power rear slider window and thinking its coming from there or from the 3rd brake light. It will leak even without driving if it just sits in the rain for some hours. I imagine there is a drain in the case that water gets inside the rear cab window but not sure.

I saw on other posts people mentioned looking at the roof gutter weather stripping but I peaked underneath that piece and it looks to me to just be a trim piece, like there is no drainage holes there and it just channels the water to the back/front of the cab.

Let me know what you think, I hate water leaks!

2. Mar 12, 2019 at 7:36 PM
    Petergoose1

Petergoose1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 pro army green
    I have rivers in my rear DC 06. 3rd brake was leaking, sealed that up and still leaked. Tore everything out of the back to the metal. Leaking from top weather stripping, pulled it all out and siliconed it. That leak stopped, but more water leaking from factory tub seam with drain hole for power rear window. So bad factory steam, cleaned and coated it with flex seal. Testing tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. By the looks of things it's been leaking since it rolled out of the factory

3. Mar 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    206danebmx

206danebmx [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra doublecab SR5 4WD
    Interesting. When you say the top weatherstripping you mean on the top seal of the rear sliding window? Also where is this tub seam located exactly, is it easily visible from underneath the truck, or do you have to pull out all the rear interior bits to get to it?

4. Mar 13, 2019 at 3:34 AM
    Petergoose1

Petergoose1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 pro army green
    Yes, the top weather stripping that holds the window in place. And yes, you have to pull all the plastics, side trim and seatbelts. There are six weep holes in the tub where the rear window sits. Holes weep excess water to outside. The seam is leaking to the inside of the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top