1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door lock

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Taz3114, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Feb 12, 2020 at 1:34 PM
    Taz3114

Taz3114 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 black tundra trd
    My passenger door front right won't unlock from power locks . Any idea how to fix or what part is? The power lock button on that side works fine . Door will not will not lock or unlock unless manually do it.

2. Feb 12, 2020 at 2:06 PM
    Jrharvey02

Jrharvey02 New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra CM 5.7 Platinum Dark Black
    My rear passenger window switch went out this past September and I replaced it with this $11 gem, works perfect.

you can diagnose the switch is the problem by removing the switch from any of the other passenger doors and installing it in your broken switches place. If it works with the swapped one, you know it’s the switch....

https://www.carparts.com/window-switch/replacement/rept505207?&vehicle%5Bsubmodel%5D=Limited&vehicle%5Bmodel%5D=Tundra&vehicle%5Bmake%5D=Toyota&vehicle%5Byear%5D=2012

3. Feb 12, 2020 at 2:32 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    Magnuson Supercharger, TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down, SDHQ Sliders.
    Likely its the door lock actuator. Im having my front passenger one replaced tomorrow morning for the same reason.

4. Feb 13, 2020 at 3:49 AM
    Taz3114

Taz3114 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 black tundra trd
    I thought it was actuator too because the button on that door will lock and unlock other doors except for that one. I usually use remote to unlock doors and not use buttons anyway. It won't work off of that either. Just manually locks and unlocks. How much is it costing you?

AZTundra likes this.
  5. Feb 13, 2020 at 4:54 AM
    ljburns

ljburns New Member

Member:
    I had the same thing happen. My front driver door lock actuator went out in December. It seems to be a common issue. Do a quick search on YouTube. You will find a video showing how to replace the electric motor. They cost like $4 on Amazon/ebay, and the job takes about 30 minutes if you take your time. I purchased an extra motor just in case another one needs replaced. Sure beats paying hundreds of dollars at the dealership.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 13, 2020 at 5:20 AM
    Jrharvey02

Jrharvey02 New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra CM 5.7 Platinum Dark Black
    When my switch went out I couldn’t use the master control switch on the drivers door nor the switch on the passenger door itself, I could only manually lock it. I highly recommend switching switches as this could be the problem.

7. Feb 13, 2020 at 6:19 AM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Magnuson Supercharger, TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down, SDHQ Sliders.
    I have the platinum $0 ded extended warranty so there is no charge to me. I'm here at the dealership right now for my 7am appt. I'll see if they listed the cost on the paperwork when i leave. Hoping to be out of here soon, they dont take long to install.

8. Feb 13, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Front actuator replaced at a total of $388.85 covered by the warranty.
    20200213_111420.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top