1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door/Key in Ignition Chime Disable

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by shockinyall, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Mar 27, 2017 at 6:48 AM
    shockinyall

shockinyall [OP] Hillbilly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR CM
    In Queue...
    I have tried searching to no avail. Doe anyone know how to disable the chime when the door is open and key is in ignition?

I often listen to music from my truck and was able to disable the chime in my Tacoma without affecting anything else, ex. interior lights still came on when a door was opened. I know that I can just shut the drivers door and use other doors, but I am looking for a workaround for the drivers door. Thanks in advance.

2. Mar 27, 2017 at 6:56 AM
    CMB

CMB New Member

Member:
    Cecil County MD.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra DC 4X4 SR5
    Not nearly enough room here!
    On my 2010,I had to unhook the White connector behind the steering wheel cover. It also disabled the driver's side door staying unlocked with key in switch.

3. Mar 27, 2017 at 7:26 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I used TechStream to make mine as quiet as possible as I still wanted it, but didn't want it to be intrusive or obnoxious so that like you, I can listen to music with the door(s) open. I don't recall if it can be turned off completely though.

Products Discussed in

To Top