1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door ding me and sick your dogs on me too.

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Tacogrande, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 2:04 PM
    TruckinIt

TruckinIt I STAND FOR OUR FLAG!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM LTD Punisher TRD OR
    Jeremy, sorry this happened to you. People are really jerks, period. And for him to threaten your life by sicking his 2 large dogs on you because he door dinged you is ridiculous. I can't even imagine how pissed I would have been. Glad you got his insurance and everything will probably be worked out for you.

This is exactly why I use my handicap placard everywhere I go. My wife would rather me leave the handicap space open for some really old messed up person, but I love my truck too much to park amongst the riffraff.

2. Mar 18, 2017 at 8:07 PM
    joeguam

joeguam New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JOE
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra
    Some people are not decent enough to make things right now a days.

RowdyRon likes this.
  3. Mar 18, 2017 at 8:28 PM
    BOBONTUESDAY

BOBONTUESDAY New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Trd
    I got door dinged at a bank parking lot a couple months ago. I was in my truck when the guy nailed my bed with his door. I was on the phone at the time but did make a few exchanges with my hands. The guy didn't care just went inside. When I went inside turned out he was an employee and I quickly made sure to tell a manager about his employee's door opening skills. I didn't car or have time to make a big deal about it. But your situation sounds alot worse. Mine was black on black car contact and my truck was so muddy I think the guys car got more damage than I did.

RowdyRon likes this.
  4. Mar 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM
    duece292

duece292 Die Hard Steelers Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    PA native stuck in WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5 CM TRD 5.7 4X4
    I feel your pain. 2 weeks ago we had 3 days of high winds and I got dinged in the chiropractors parking lot. POS impala parked cockeyed in the spot next to me at the end of the lot, when I got there the closest vehicle was 3 stalls away. Unfortunately I didn't notice the ding until I was back at work. Perfect 'L' shaped crease, 1/8" deep and white paint center of the pillar right behind the rear door. Fortunately a PDR tech got it almost totally out, just a small paint blemish is left from the metal being stressed. It's too bad people can't own up to damaging another's property. I would have been far less pissed off had someone come and found me and taken responsibility or left a note with contact info instead of finding it after the fact and having no recourse. $75 later the ding is gone but I haven't let it go, so the girls at the chiropractors office are keeping their eyes out for a white Impala for me. I'm with you on the CC too. It's bad enough that people don't care about the belongings of others, but to react that way after being asked to own up to the mistake and do the right thing and instead take a threatening stance is exactly why I carry.

5. Mar 19, 2017 at 8:27 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WICHITA KS
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Here are the pics guys and im sorry i couldnt get them up earlier...busy work weekend.
    Thanks for the comments and sharing your stories too. Makes me feel better.

183_zpswrso1xqx_d3184a60b9b925d9e68af2b9194611b388562949.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  6. Mar 19, 2017 at 8:33 PM
    Tacogrande

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WICHITA KS
    Vehicle:
    And whatever happened to owning up to your mistake like a man when you get called out! These days people just get pissed and act stupid.
    184_zps535dum8q_e5aac6ab1444b053e13584dae7b15066a511309b.jpg

185_zpsrkcqdwnu_70d9dc219c3f1d380face052d9288fd52518c184.jpg
    186_zpsh6pvg9sr_60696e696448ee3857098ddab2bc32112e478177.jpg

7. Mar 20, 2017 at 3:17 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Western NC, the foothills
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 Silver Sky "Pro Platinum"
    TT 3/1 Boss lift, XPEL paint protection, tint front windows, door ding protectors aka- s/s running boards, OEM painted flares, TRD shifter, Weathertecs, ARE "Z" topper, locker-down console vault. 285/60/20 Michelin Defender tires, Blackrhino mint wheels, Pro Grill, OEM drivers side grab handle, color matched mirror caps, and door handles. Rough Country LED lower grill lightbar. Blackrhino "mint" wheels.
    The only reason I have S/S running boards is to help try and mitigate/prevent door dings. I think it does help. My recent install of the TT 3/1 lift and a little taller tires also seems to help. I also try and park far enough away that the lazy non caring "folks" would not dream of walking that long of a distance. I like the excersise.

So many people are totally clueless and careless and don't give a dam about others.

WarEagleSteve likes this.
  8. Mar 20, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    Law323

Law323 Shhhhh....Boardude is really Batman.....

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae Upcoming: LED backup lights/cargo lights OEM Backup camera Method Standard 18x9 wheels Iron Cross Patriot step bars TRD sway bar Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    I'm sure most guys on this forum (which from what I can tell, the majority are gun owners) feel as you do. Guns are a last resort, but when you have guys like this assbag out there in droves, that deliver threats like that, it's a good deterrent to fall back on in situations where a witness and a cool head can't prevail.

gosolo, RowdyRon and Crewmax Chris like this.
  9. Mar 20, 2017 at 7:12 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae Upcoming: LED backup lights/cargo lights OEM Backup camera Method Standard 18x9 wheels Iron Cross Patriot step bars TRD sway bar Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    It's simple....real men are in low supply nowadays

Ericsopa, landphil, gosolo and 3 others like this.
  10. Mar 20, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TT 3/1 Boss lift, XPEL paint protection, tint front windows, door ding protectors aka- s/s running boards, OEM painted flares, TRD shifter, Weathertecs, ARE "Z" topper, locker-down console vault. 285/60/20 Michelin Defender tires, Blackrhino mint wheels, Pro Grill, OEM drivers side grab handle, color matched mirror caps, and door handles. Rough Country LED lower grill lightbar. Blackrhino "mint" wheels.
    The truth! You are on point!

RowdyRon, Law323 and Crewmax Chris like this.
  11. Mar 20, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    duece292

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    PA native stuck in WI
    Vehicle:
    Tacogrande, if it helps, I used some flitz to remove the white paint from mine and went over it with some finishing compound. That got rid of the scuff. The PDR guy that removed the dent got the dent all but completely gone and mine was pretty deeply creased. $75 PDR vs my $250 deductible that goes against collision and he came to my shop to do it. I just shopped around for a reputable guy in my area and am very happy with the results considering what it looked like.

12. Mar 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Truly a sad thing brother!

Patriot and RowdyRon like this.
  13. Mar 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon WarEagleSteve Fan Club President

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    They don't call him Law for nuthin'! I would never pull a concealed weapon unless I felt threatened, had no recourse, and intended to use it. Our local concealed carry class simplified the equation for us: Does the person have the opportunity to do you or someone else bodily harm? Does the individual have the means to do you or someone else bodily harm? I don't know how big this asshat's dogs were but I would feel threatened if he told me he was going to sick them on me. That said, I would stay close to my weapon in that situation.

Law323 and gosolo like this.
  14. Mar 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

PermaFrostTRD New Member

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-road DC
    When I was issued my cc, the judge that signed it said don't ever draw your weapon unless you plan on aiming it, and don't ever aim it at someone unless you intend to kill them.

If this jackass opened his door to "let his dogs out", if returning to my vehicle wasn't possible only then I'd draw. A trip to the body shop isn't worth the legal hassle of discharging your weapon even if you're in the right and justified.

Sorry you had to go through that man. People are assholes.

Law323, gosolo and RowdyRon like this.
  15. Mar 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM
    RowdyRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Abso-freekin-lutely!

Law323 and gosolo like this.
  16. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    911 for a door ding :facepalm:

17. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:32 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm
    So, this situation turned much for the worse. But is anyone else surprised someone called 911 over a door ding?

Law323 likes this.
  18. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:52 AM
    Tacogrande

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WICHITA KS
    Vehicle:
    Yep and i dont regret my choice one bit. I suspect that if i had not, the guy would have still driven off without giving me any info at all and i would be the one getting screwed. Now he is the one dealing with a legal issue! Did you not read why my decision to call?

RowdyRon likes this.
  19. Mar 21, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    SuperSilverTundra

SuperSilverTundra i didnt pull up i Landed

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Los Angeles California
    Vehicle:
    16 TUNDRA 5.7 PLATINUM-PRO
    3"/1" Lift TOYTEC 18x9 XD818 Heist 295/70r18 TOYO MT DirtyDeeds BAMuffler Spyder Leds KatzKin Leather S&B CAI
    I would never call 911 for a door ding that's ridiculous

20. Mar 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    RowdyRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    I don't fault the OP one little bit. Especially since he was threatened by the jackass who threatened to sick his dogs on him.....

PermaFrostTRD, 15whtrd and Law323 like this.
  21. Mar 21, 2017 at 2:50 PM
    PermaFrostTRD

PermaFrostTRD New Member

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-road DC
    Agreed. The OP acted reasonably. And kept a cool head. If the offender flat out refuses to give you info, or tries to flee the scene of an accident you should absolutely contact *law enforcement* regardless of how small. I take care of my stuff and treat people well. I'm not gonna bankroll assholes.

Law323 and RowdyRon like this.
  22. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    duece292

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    PA native stuck in WI
    Vehicle:
    Agreed as well. I work very hard to have a few nice things and I'll be the first to admit that I'm obsessive about my truck. I'm also a responsible, insured adult who has some respect for others and their property and would own up to damaging another's vehicle. I expect the same from others in return so when someone immediately turns confrontational I'm not going to back down.

RowdyRon, PermaFrostTRD and Law323 like this.
  23. Mar 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM
    Tacogrande

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WICHITA KS
    Vehicle:
    Honestly I first thought why am I calling cops ...I just had a bad feeling with how junky the other truck was and I always go with my gut feeling...always.

csuviper, Law323 and RowdyRon like this.
  24. Mar 22, 2017 at 3:23 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    911?

image.jpg

25. Mar 22, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    HUTCHJ

HUTCHJ I can ride my bike with no handlebars

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '17 Limited CM MGM Tundra
    It amazes me how far people go out of their way to mess up other's stuff. Literally the same thing happened to my fiancée's cx5 and my truck, both while at Lowe's. I didn't call the cops but both times I sat there and waited. I was lucky enough that they both had family with them and acted all sorry about it. Got both cars fixed but man, I was livid. If someone parks far away, don't park next to them. How hard is it?

26. Mar 22, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    RowdyRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Now that I think about it, a lot of scrapes and dings take place on Lowe's parking lots. My last minor incident also took place at out local Lowe's but I didn't get too bent out of shape because it was my old Ford F150....Now, if it had been my Tundra, it would have been a different situation.

Law323 likes this.
  27. Mar 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    HUTCHJ

HUTCHJ I can ride my bike with no handlebars

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '17 Limited CM MGM Tundra
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I still had paper tags on my truck when mine happened. Probably saw it was brand new and did it on purpose. No other reason to park close enough to someone to give them a door ding in an empty parking lot.

Law323 likes this.
To Top