1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does Anyone put Ceramic Coating on their Tundra?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by rmd22360, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Aug 10, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    rmd22360

rmd22360 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Midnight Blue Tundra Platinum
    Add fender flare, bedliner, folding tonneau cover
    Tell me how is it in your truck? They told me it is the definitive way of preventing scratch and swirls in your vehicle. Very tough, second only to diamond when it comes to toughness. No need to wax it anymore because it looks waxed already and it is a lifetime warranty. Can some tell their experience on this "ceramic coating"?

2. Aug 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Check out the detailing section. Lots of guys have done it with great results and positive feedback. Doesnt last forever but it's really a great option for a few years of protection.

jewsNbrews and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  3. Aug 10, 2018 at 9:40 PM
    DecalsByDesign

DecalsByDesign Vinyl Connoisseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Limited Double Cab
    Toytec Performance Aluma 2.5 Kit Nitto G2 295/70-18 Method MR306 18x9 +18 Kenwood DDX6906s Carven TR Muffler w/ Y-Pipe
    I install ceramic pro for wraps and watch a lot of these installers on some private groups we have on FB. It’s an amazing product, make sure you have them correct your paint and with the right installer you will have a brand new looking truck for years. Annual maintenance seems bizzare when spending thousands but Ceramic Pro itself goes on your carfax and can protect the resale of your truck. Pm me if you need help finding someone or have questions. I don’t install their paint coatings but I keep up on everything they do.

4. Aug 11, 2018 at 7:05 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Are you thinking of having it done, or doing it yourself?
    I’ve had CQuartz sitting on my shelf for a while, just haven’t found the time to put it on. If you have the skill and tools to do it yourself, you’ll save a ton of money.

SouthBoundSteve and Pudge like this.
  5. Aug 12, 2018 at 10:20 AM
    nk1794

nk1794 Always torque to spec

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 1794
    SnugTop, TRD Catback, DECKed Storage, TRD Sway Bar, ESP Under Seat Storage, Blackvue DR750S-2CH Dashcam
  6. Aug 12, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Lowered & Supercharged Crewmax
    TRD Lowered and Supercharged
    All of my vehicles are coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus Ceramic Coating. Was the best $900 each spent and all future vehicles will be coated.

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  7. Aug 12, 2018 at 10:45 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Something I also need to research.

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  8. Aug 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM
    mopar

mopar New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    ME
    Vehicle:
    '10 White Tundra
    Bilstein 5100's on highest setting on front, 2" blocks on rear, info center mod, NFab nerf bars, TPMS override
    I just put Mckees 37 ceramic coating on my Tundra a couple of days ago actually. With Mckees the recommend using the coating prep polish before applying the coating and there's no need to wipe down with diluted ISA. To my dismay though after I put the coating on and it wasn't very shiny I learned that my Super White Tundra us a single step process and the prep polish is not enough to prepare the paint. They do have a product for this but with no local Mckees dealers around so I used M205 (Ultimate Compound would work as well I'm sure) then wiped down truck with ISA and reapplied coating. The coating is butter smooth and repels water nicely.

Products Discussed in

To Top