1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you use a cover for your travel trailer/RV when storing outdoor for the winter?

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by BWTundra, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Sep 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM
    BWTundra

BWTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 4X4 TRD Sport CrewMax 5.7L V8
    Howdy ladies and gentlemen. I was wondering if those of you who store your travel trailers/RVs in outdoor storage lots put covers over them for the Colorado winters. We recently purchased a 24 foot TT, which is why I upgraded to a Tundra, and with the camping season coming to a close (at least for me) I wanted to know if covering it is necessary. I tried looking for answers on RV forums, but found surprisingly few useful answers. Putting it in an indoor storage unit, or even a covered carport is not an option. I live in an HOA community in suburbia so offsite outdoor storage is my only option. I really appreciate your answers/opinions. Thank you!

2. Sep 11, 2018 at 7:49 PM
    sprtbkr

sprtbkr Average Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 4x4 Double Cab - Inferno
    TRD Wheels & Tires, Double Cab Fold-down Back Seat mod, LED Interior Lighting, Turned Off Seat Belt Chime, Franken-key (Flip Key), Duraliner Bed Liner, Bed Rails, Hood Wind Deflector, Console Gun Safe, iBoard 5" Running Boards, TRD Sport Bed Vinyl, Fortin Evo One Remote Start with Mycar Cellular Module, Plasti-dipped Badges and Bumper End Caps, Tinted front windows, Extang Solid Fold 2.0, Pop-N-Lock, TUNDRA tailgate inserts, RCI Powder Coated Skid Plate - coming soon - 12” android radio, oemaudio+ Reference 500Q, under dash/seat lighting.
    We cover ours, and also store it offsite at a storage facility. Though it’s technically not necessary, I like the peace of mind that it won’t leak if neglected all winter if it’s covered.

BWTundra[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 11, 2018 at 11:15 PM
    parallax

parallax Professional Zamboni stunt driver

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra Crewmax SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
    Dash camera
    I cover mine. But fortunately my trailer fits on my property. So I can keep an eye on it. I cover it. Then crack the roof vents a little to allow it to breath. The cover I have. An ADCO. I believe. Is not intended to be water proof. It’s supposed to breath. But it does seem to keep water out The biggest problem I have putting it on or off ,,it gets hung up on the roof things. Like antennas. A/C. Vents. So I have to be very patient and gentle when putting it on and taking it off Securing it well. Will help insure. If it gets reall stormy. It won’t come off and start tearing of said. Antenna. Vents. Etc. Sorry about bad punctuation. I am typing on an iPhone most of the times when I visit. Here. I have sausages. For fingers

BWTundra[OP] and sprtbkr like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top