1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CARiD

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by JTP, May 11, 2017.

1. May 11, 2017 at 5:19 AM
    JTP

JTP [OP] The Big Black Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Sterling, Alaska (Formerly DFW Texas)
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    Two weeks now and I still do not have a refund from CARid on the over 2 months back order bumpers that they knowingly sold me. They and Westin KNEW THAT THE STUFF WAS UNAVAILABLE. WESTIN HAS BEEN USELESS IN TRYING TO HELP ME GET A REFUND AS THEY ARE THE ONLY PLACE WHERE THEIR BUMPERS COME FROM. Its like Westin is in on it too, KNOWINGLY SELLING BACK ORDER STUFF THATS NOT AVAILABLE FOR MONTHS.

CARID is also playing PayPal. PayPal gives them 10 days to respond to claims. If they don't respond, PayPal refunds you. CARiD is waiting till day 9 then giving PayPal bogus information and saying that they shipped WHEN THEY DID NOT SHIP then PayPal starts the whole 10 day ticker again. I had had enough so I had to file a claim through my bank on PayPal. My bank gave me my cash back, $2,800.00, in one hour.

CARiD is a bunch of lying street things form New Jersey that simple.

Jsena and az1441 like this.
  2. May 11, 2017 at 5:21 AM
    Lilly

Lilly New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tundra 1794 Edition
    4-6" RCD Lift System, 20" Moto Metal Rims. PIAA LED Light bar, Tonneau Cover
    Thanks for the info!

JTP[OP] likes this.
  3. May 11, 2017 at 5:30 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    I did a Google search on CARiD Reviews and they have done/are doing this exact same thing to A LOT of other people as well. Selling crap that they know that they do not have, can not get, then offering people a "store credit" instead of giving refunds.

I tried that on me repeatedly and STILL HAVE NOT REFUND ME THROUGH PAYPAL>

They also request that you cancel your claim and say "we can't issue you a refund until you cancel the claim". Thats horse crap. Where/how are they going to refund you then????

If you cancel a claim through PayPal, YOU CAN NEVER OPEN IT AGAIN leaving you no other way to get your cash back.

CARiD KNOWS THIS

Ive used PayPAL for 15 years. If Im out 20, 50, or a hundred bucks for a couple weeks fine BUT NOT ALMOST 3K.

FYI all of PayPals Customer Service is someplace overseas and they will not let you ADD INFO to the claim nor can you understand them nor they can they understand you.

Jsena likes this.
  4. May 11, 2017 at 5:37 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    they're from new jersey.....Snooki probably handles all their business. That's why

AnonVet, Viper3G, joem1cha3l and 13 others like this.
  5. May 11, 2017 at 5:39 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Wow.

I have had great experiences with Autoanything. They are my go-to for aftermarket stuff.

@Roman at Toyota of Cool Springs is my go-to for OEM.

One time Autoanything had a few errors on their end with my order, but they made it right.

FlashCulprit, Jsena, Roman and 4 others like this.
  6. May 11, 2017 at 5:43 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I have never ordered something from CariD, can't say I would now. Thanks for the heads up.

Like @MotoTundra, I order most of my stuff from online site vendors, autoanything, or local.

Jsena, 1UPPER, MotoTundra and 4 others like this.
  7. May 11, 2017 at 5:55 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    I got a company out on Arizona working on a whole big list of stuff for me on this build. Been in business over 10 years. They are growing form just doing tonneau covers and small stuff into selling everything else that is out there. I called and gave them my list and all of the pricing on everything is about 20% off of retail with no tax and free shipping. Will let you all know how they do. Have not found better pricing on any of it yet any place else.

NewImprovedRon and Law323 like this.
  8. May 11, 2017 at 6:02 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    Plus it looks like Westin just knocked off ICI's Magnum RT line. Ive got all of ICI's RT stuff coming. Screw Westin If my grand pa was still around he would not put their stuff on his truck anymore. Everything else that they make is "Old Hat" anyway.

9. May 11, 2017 at 6:03 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    This is one reason why my paypal is now fed from my credit card rather than my bank. That way i/you get all the protections your CC offers as well as Paypal.

driverdog, Law323, 14burrito and 3 others like this.
  10. May 11, 2017 at 6:05 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    Yup. Same here. Ive never had an issue with them till now.

11. May 11, 2017 at 6:07 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    paypal make it a lot more difficult to get my money back if I even need it.. my CC has been amazing for fraudulent charges and the like. They even refunded a vacation that I paid using paypal as we ended up not being able to go. So yeah, my experience with Credit Card protections has been vastly superior to any crap I've had to go through with PayPal

JTP[OP] likes this.
  12. May 11, 2017 at 6:07 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    I think that all of CARiD's employees are previous used car sales people that got fired for being TOO UNETHICAL.

Law323 likes this.
  13. May 11, 2017 at 6:08 AM
    JTP

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    The Big Black Moose
    EBAY STARTED PAYPAL,

Im even getting off of there.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Law323 likes this.
  14. May 11, 2017 at 6:22 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Don't blame you!! LOL

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  15. May 11, 2017 at 6:22 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    now you know that's bad! LOL

JTP[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  16. May 11, 2017 at 6:27 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had with carid. This is not the first complaint I've heard a about carid. It certainly will keep me from ordering there again. I did get my 3rd brake light from them without issue. But, after hearing about this, I feel I got lucky once and won't push my luck again.

1UPPER and Law323 like this.
  17. May 11, 2017 at 6:37 AM
    BlueFalconActual

BlueFalconActual Field Day Inspector Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    29 Palms, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra-less
    Interesting. I ordered about a $1,000 dollars worth of stuff from them about 6 months ago because they gave me a pretty hefty military discount. No issues. That being said, I will for sure be very leery of them now. Thanks for the heads up.

18. May 11, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Thanks for the heads up! Not ordering anything from them!!!

19. May 11, 2017 at 6:52 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I wish companies that offer online sales the warning if an item is out of stock. I have a buddy waiting on an airbag pump, manifold, and remote from etrailer.com for over 3 months. I have ordered many things from them without issue.

I guess lessons learned, and I do this frequently with online sales. Before the purchase is made, I call the company asking questions about the product and availability. If it isn't on the shelf, you may be waiting a bit unless they drop ship from a warehouse (shock distributors do that a lot).

cstables and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  20. May 11, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Damn that sucks. I have heard about there Evil Doings, lol. I must have slipped through the cracks, because I just got my AVS Vent Shades from them. Obliviously that was a small item. Thanks for the heads up.

SouthBoundSteve and ColoradoTJ like this.
  21. May 11, 2017 at 7:22 AM
    BestGen

BestGen Free Kyle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Haunted Turnbull Canyon CA
    Vehicle:
    '05 RCLB, 2UZ-FE, 4wd / '88 4RNR XTE 22RE/W56/RF1A
    Fabtech 2.5" coilovers, BFG KO2 34/10.5/17, 17x7.5 TE wheels, add-a-leaves, 4.56 gears, Rhino-lined
    I know y'all are gonna have a good laugh but I've been ordering from JCWhitney for years! So did my dad and grandpa. That tells you something. 20% off and free shipping with no minimum order. I was leery at first so I ordered something really cheap. It cost more to ship than the items ordered. I've recently got three EBC brake kits for my vehicles and each order arrived early and correct. When I did place a wrong order they sent me UPS ticket to print out and drop off. No charge. Always prompt and courteous.

22. May 11, 2017 at 8:09 AM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    Thank you for the heads up on Carid. I was about to order a hood for my jeep from Carid. They showed it in stock. Luckily I called the manufacturer and found it was on national back-order. I would have been in the same situation. So it seems this is a common practice with Carid.

23. May 11, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Autoanything is def the place to go for aftermarket stuff you cant find through site vendors. Have come close to purchasing from carid before but even their website is sketchy...

Autoanything has top notch customer service. And they price match.

Joeshaker, MotoTundra, rons23 and 2 others like this.
  24. May 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM
    Jsena

Jsena Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    Yea man that's pretty chatty.. I've looked at their site for Nerf bars a lot.. I'll cross them off my list now... thanx for info and sorry about the hassle you had to go thru.. at least you got your $$$ back now... cheers :drunk:

831Tun, NewImprovedRon and ColoradoTJ like this.
  25. May 11, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    That's curious. I've ordered stuff from them for years now. I've never had any problem with them.

Jsena likes this.
  26. May 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm
    What people don't realize is 99% of guys like carid, auto anything, etc either are old school distributors or guys who hold no inventory and drop ship directly from the manufacturer. So if a part isn't available, they have ZERO way of knowing until after you order and they try to order from the manufacturer.

CarID i've worked with as a client in the past, sure there are some bad experiences, but they move a LOT of product, and sometimes hurdles and bad experiences happen.

Here's something a lot don't know. US Auto owns about 300+ "retail websites". All look different, all named different......that way they were able to spend time crawling all their sites up the search engine rankings ultimately guaranteeing you buy from them. Brilliant.

MakMurph and Jsena like this.
  27. May 11, 2017 at 9:58 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    X2 , I've ordered quite a few things from them

BestGen[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. May 11, 2017 at 10:08 AM
    Jsena

Jsena Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    That's how business goes.. thousands of people have had great reviews but only about 10% of those happy customers write a good review.... now a pissed of customer that's had a bad review will write a bad review 90% of the time.. they always go hand in hand.. but at least the OP got the $$ back

29. May 11, 2017 at 10:15 AM
    signalbobby

signalbobby New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra PRO & 4R PRO
    This is why i dont use paypal anymore.
    Paypal screwed me nearly 20K for buyer fraud. I filed a criminal complaint in court and it was very frustrating and draining.

30. May 11, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    Asw278

Asw278 Magnetic Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tundra TRD SR5
    Victory 4x4 Rock Sliders Victory 4x4 Bed Rack Tint TRD PRO Grill and Hood Bulge TRD Rear Sway Bar Nfab MRDS Front Bumper GoRhino BR20 Rear Bumper RCI skid plates Rough Country 40" curved light bar Razir 30" light bar AntennaX 13" antenna A1 Auto tow mirrors Spyder headlights & tailights AFe catback exhaust Salex tray organizer WeatherTech front and rear mats AJT Designs shift knob, fob case, vent rings, control knobs Black Rhino Razorback wheels Cooper STT Pro's @achoup center console logo Elka 2.5DC resi’s JBA Off-road UCA’s Coachbuilder +3 shackles
    Sorry to hear about your issue OP. I had the opposite experience. I ordered my rear bumper and wheels from them. They price matched on both and gave me free shipping on both when I threatened to walk due to another site offering free shipping. I did my web searching, but spoke with a sales rep when ordering to confirm availability.

Products Discussed in

To Top