1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY Guide to installing OEM led Bed Light and Pop & lock for tailgate

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by BlueBottle, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:16 AM
    Rustyscrew

Rustyscrew New Member

Member:
    Rockledge,Fl
    Vehicle:
    15 Tundra Platinum
    TRD Front sway bar, TRD Rear sway bar, TRD red and blue shocks, 2018 LED headlights and fogs, TRD intake box lid, TRD air flow accelerator, AFE Super Stock Intake with dry filter, TRD radiator and oil cap, Radium PCV Oil catch can, StopTech SS brake lines, LED puddle lights, VLED interior lights, OEM metal oil filter housing, Fumoto oil drain valve, LED front turn signals, TRD Battery tie down.
    Anyone know of a led cargo light that will match these led bed lights?

2. Feb 6, 2020 at 8:37 AM
    Rustyscrew

Rustyscrew New Member

Member:
    Rockledge,Fl
    Vehicle:
    15 Tundra Platinum
    TRD Front sway bar, TRD Rear sway bar, TRD red and blue shocks, 2018 LED headlights and fogs, TRD intake box lid, TRD air flow accelerator, AFE Super Stock Intake with dry filter, TRD radiator and oil cap, Radium PCV Oil catch can, StopTech SS brake lines, LED puddle lights, VLED interior lights, OEM metal oil filter housing, Fumoto oil drain valve, LED front turn signals, TRD Battery tie down.
    Yes exactly. Thank you. I was thinking they are 6000

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Mar 4, 2020 at 9:05 AM
    102dalz

102dalz New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CrewMax White
    None
    Yeah, I've noticed the P&L gets sticky in the Arkansas cold...haven't fixed it yet (wife hasn't complained enough). Thanks for the tip on the silicone spray though.

4. May 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM
    rt_tundra_co

rt_tundra_co I'll get tired of tweaking this truck...never

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust Leer Topper, color matched to truck Thule Aeroblade roof rack on topper FABTECH 4” Suspension Lift Decked Storage, 2 drawer SPYDER LED headlights and taillights kits Hertz HDP5 5 Channel Class D Amplifier 2 x 10” subwoofer boxed behind rear seat Door speaker upgrades by Elite Auto Sound Colorado Springs Lock’er Down EXxtreme Console Safe LD2043EX Lock’er Down rear seat 3 x safes Lock’er Down gun magnet 80 LED in-grill light bar Baja Designs LED ditch lights TRD Pro grill Rotiform SIX-OR 20x9 wheels 35x12.5R20 Toyota Open Country R/T tires TheSource sPOD power control hub with in-cab installed accessory switches Firestone Ride Rite air suspension system with Air Command remote, on board compressor and rear bumper air port SDHQ rock sliders
    Did you have enough wire for the job or did you have to get extra? If so, what type and how much did you need?

5. Jun 2, 2020 at 12:18 AM
    DTSPtundy

DTSPtundy New Member

Member:
    Just installed on my truck. Took 30-45 minutes. Hardest part was getting under the truck to route the wires. Definitely recommend as I back into my garage which means if I wanted to get anything out I'd have to start the truck, pull up, turn the truck off, and then get out to unlock the tailgate.

6. May 13, 2021 at 3:57 PM
    TunBrun

TunBrun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 5.7L Crewmax Blazing Blue
    Just finished installing a Pop N Lock on my 2017 SR5. None of the wiring diagrams I found were accurate. All called for me to attach the pop n lock wires to wire colors that did not exist.

This post and others had photos consistently showing hooking up to the bottom right most wire and bottom left most wire of the lowest blue connector on the passenger side. So I went for that, it came out opposite (locking when the doors unlocked) so I switched the wires and now it works.

Hopefully this concept will work for others of all model years.

7. Nov 17, 2021 at 4:33 AM
    Redline870

Redline870 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Central NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White TRD Pro
    I know this is an old thread, but for anyone thinking of doing this, don’t bother with pop & lock. Buy the OEM Toyota one, it’s WAY quieter, plug and play with no wire splicing, the harness is exactly the right length with heat shield tape on certain parts, and it comes with a new grommet pre-installed for passing the wire harness through the floor. Part number PK3B6-34JS0 for my 2021 crew max and was only $129 from OEM Part Source. https://www.oempartsource.com/oem-parts/toyota-tailgate-lock-pk3b634js0

8. Aug 18, 2022 at 9:39 AM
    belairbrian

belairbrian New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crew Max 4x4 TSS
    And yet another knuckle head bumps this thread. Since the link back on page one for the posi-taps is broken, I was curious if anyone knew the wire size for taping into the cargo light circuit for the bed lights.

Also, severalpeople recommended the OEM tailgate lock kit, but it seems to be for 2019 and up. Is there one for a 2016? Or is aftermarket the only option?

Products Discussed in

To Top