1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY: Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, 14+ Mount Kit & Bezel

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by MotoTundra, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Oct 10, 2019 at 6:04 PM
    lbcdan

lbcdan Zip it up and zip it out

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
    Toytec Boss Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA, Icon 57720P Shocks, Toytec Shackles, TRD Off-Road Wheels, SpiderTrax Spacers, BakFlip MX4, Clazzio Seat Covers, Rough Country Light Bar, BajaDesigns Foglights
    First impressions, they look exactly like the regular squadrons but with a cutoff. Originally, I was very concerned with the cutoff and blinding oncoming drivers. My tundra is lifted and it’s pretty level which means the fogs are pointing straight forward, not down. After two weeks of driving with them on at night, not a single person has flashed their high beams or complained. As of now, I am very happy with my purchase and I moved my old squadrons up to ditch light brackets. 34592032-5A36-4A9B-AA63-CD2DA3737E46.jpg

MotoTundra [OP] likes this.
  2. Oct 10, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    rmvcard0303

rmvcard0303 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    San Gabriel Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 White Tundra TRD Sport CM
    I’d rather not list. My wife might see it.
    @MotoTundra thanks for taking the time in creating the thread. It gave me the courage to take this on myself. Your step by step instructions were right on. It took me about 90 minutes to get both sides done. Thanks again!

E7CA2A5C-2C18-4267-8553-42BF70A3AFC6.jpg

Opus5150, MotoTundra [OP] and lbcdan like this.
  3. Oct 10, 2019 at 7:39 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    That's awesome, good to hear. I may consider doing the same. Your truck looks great. Which brackets did you go with for the ditch lights and how do you like them?

Absolutely, glad it helped! Your truck is sick btw.

rmvcard0303 likes this.
  4. Oct 10, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    lbcdan

lbcdan Zip it up and zip it out

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
    Toytec Boss Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA, Icon 57720P Shocks, Toytec Shackles, TRD Off-Road Wheels, SpiderTrax Spacers, BakFlip MX4, Clazzio Seat Covers, Rough Country Light Bar, BajaDesigns Foglights
    I went with Victory 4x4. They are low profile. So far they seem like a quality product. I do have one that may not be aligned correctly (my end) because the squadron bracket hits the paint when I lift my hood. I will fix this weekend and let you know.

5. Oct 11, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    Alaska

Alaska New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD 4x4 ~Quicksand~
    Baja Designs Squadron WC fogs
    Night and day difference! The install was pretty straightforward and your thread helped a lot. I have a 2017 and did not have a blue clip holding the lights in. Checking the current on my factory harness, blue (driver side) and red (passenger side) was hot and white was not. Although brown is typically ground in a lot of applications, along with black, I used the brown to connect to the power on my lights too. I too had a gap between the light and housing but based on the bracket provided, there is no way to eliminate this gap. You would need to fabricate a new bracket that allows the light to slide forward or position the "L" behind or under the screw.

6. Oct 11, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Great job on the install. Big difference!

7. Sep 27, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    Shaff777

Shaff777 Rocking the Tundra since 2010

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Boise
    Vehicle:
    2020 cement SR5
    Boss 2.5 Aluma kit. SPC UCA’s Color matched front surround Scs Ray 10 wheels. Cooper AT3 XLT’s 295/70/18
    Subbed.
    Will be doing this in the coming weeks.

8. Sep 27, 2020 at 5:01 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Nice. Let us know how the install goes and how you like them.

9. Jun 8, 2021 at 7:05 AM
    VTProTundra

VTProTundra New Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Pro
    JL Audio , Rigid Lightbar, iHacker harness and 19 TRD Pro Black Headlight Mod
    thanks everybody - got my BD squadron sports amber installed with the help of this thread! They are awesome. Used the zip tie trick to secure them - no movement of the housing now. broke 1 of 4 tabs off and broke two rusted bolts off but otherwise a clean install :) Brad

10. Jun 8, 2021 at 9:22 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Glad it helped! Enjoy!

11. Jun 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM
    VTProTundra

VTProTundra New Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Pro
    JL Audio , Rigid Lightbar, iHacker harness and 19 TRD Pro Black Headlight Mod
  12. Jun 10, 2021 at 12:11 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don

Looks great!!

Products Discussed in

To Top