1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirty Front Leather Seats

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by DoubleE, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Dec 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM
    DoubleE

DoubleE [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black 1794
    The front seats of my ‘17 1794 are getting dirty (jeans and pants rubbing )on the sides from sliding off them when you get out of the truck. What is the best way to clean them?

2. Dec 21, 2018 at 7:36 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    There are a number of good leather cleaners out there....Wolfgang, Leatherique, Leather Masters, etc. It's best to keep them clean as you go, especially with denim dye transfer. When I come up against really dirty leather seats, I break out the steamer.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Dec 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    TheGibbster

TheGibbster Kumite Express leaves in five minutes

Member:
    SF Bay
    So far on my 1794, I have been able to take care of any scuffs with a microfiber towel. Just lightly dampen it with some distilled water and lightly wipe the stain, making sure to dry any remaining moisture right away.

4. Dec 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    hitech

hitech New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blair
    SOMD
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM TRD OR Limited
    Google, "auto fetish detail". I've watched a lot of videos by this guy and he knows his stuff. I've done some of the things he recommends to my seats in all my cars and have been very pleased. There's a bunch of products you can buy off the shelf, but it was more of a how to use the products that I found the most helpful.

5. Dec 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Toyota dealers use, and Toyota recommends Lexol leather products. IIRC the 1794 also has some suede inserts? Idk what to use on that, but I use lexol on my leather and it's been great.

15whtrd and War Machine like this.
  6. Dec 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM
    NjPro

NjPro New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Nj
    Vehicle:
    2017 Trd Pro Tundra cement
    Magnuson supercharger, Sprint booster, CB TRD PRO kit, 295/70/10 terra grapple G2, Black TRD shift knob, Rhino shackle hitch, Lund Tri-fold bed cover, 1.25 Spidertrax wheel spacers. TRD rear sway bar. Bud Built cross member. Arb Diff breather. Grab handle installed. 2012 DC SR5 TRD Supercharged, Gone but not forgotten.
  7. Jan 22, 2019 at 7:18 PM
    Hbjeff

Hbjeff New Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 5.7 2wd
    Trd sways, bullydog, magnaflow, sumo springs
    Im a total Adam’s fanboy. But i have had great luck with their leather cleaner and leather conditioner on my wifes car. Cleaned it up well

8. Jan 22, 2019 at 7:35 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I used to use Lexol cleaner and leather conditioner. Always moisturize the leather after cleaning. It’s skin so it need lotion too. It will last a long time if you treat it right.

War Machine likes this.
  9. Jan 23, 2019 at 5:20 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I don’t have leather in my truck, but I use either Lexol like @Pudge recommended, or CG Leather Detailer on my wife’s Sequoia. Both work very well, and I think both are available at Walmart.

Chemical Guys SPI21616 Leather Quick Detailer, 16 fl. oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRJOUA4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_kNgsCbVSSE4CF

15whtrd likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top