1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did I wake up in the twilight zone or did F150's go up in price?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by DIYReid, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Oct 24, 2023 at 10:12 AM
    DIYReid

DIYReid [OP] New Member

Member:
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2024 Ice Cap Tundra Limited
    I already bought at 24 Tundra Limited but for a while there I was actually considering between the Limited Tundra vs F150 Lariat. To me, those two vehicles are in the same class and should be similarly priced. I just got an email from a local Ford Dealer telling me they have up to 11k off their XLT's and even with 11k off they are mid 50's in price. Isn't the XLT the same class as the SR5? I know you can get leather in an XLT so the XLT's may have a little more options available vs what the Limited Tundra has but still!

2. Oct 24, 2023 at 10:19 AM
    Fatone

Fatone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD Sport Premium
    60k plus XLTs have been a thing for a good while. All the OEMs are adding higher line models so they can pump up the prices on the middle of the road models beneath them. I have posted before some $67k Ram Laramies I looked at were inferior material wise to the 2015 Laramie I had. Big 3 in particular stay afloat on trucks and feels like they are going to push upward till they kill the golden goose

ryanwgregg and DIYReid[OP] like this.
  3. Oct 24, 2023 at 10:35 AM
    dondino

dondino New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    I was on a lot on Sunday Morning and they had 2 F-150 XLT for 56k. The kicker is they were new 2022's. That shows how well they are selling IMO.

digitalwiz and Kap1 like this.
  4. Oct 24, 2023 at 10:47 AM
    KuehnMK

KuehnMK New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Crewmax 4X4 Platinum
    Totally agree with you! I looked at some 23' F-150's before buying my 23' Tundra Platinum this past July......looked at a few F-150's in the Lariat trim....Pretty much specked out the same as a Platinum Tundra. Fords MSRP was $74K!!!!! and even with 10K off which they were offering....I just couldn't justify it....The Tundra's build quality and reputation, plus the JBL sound system in the Tundra is far better.... I got $4K off my Tundra, also bringing the price down to $64K...So the same price....and to me, the Ford should have been waaaayyy cheaper. Ford makes more than Toyota and they have way worse resale. Plus the Ford has a TON of recalls....PLUS Ford service in my town is a DISSASTER....take MONTHS to get in... SO if the F-150 was like 6-8K cheaper....I may have considered...but the same price?? It was a no brainer to me....

Ohh and the Ford I looked at was made over a YEAR prior.....So it has sat for a long time, had 3 big recalls already done to it....VRS the Tundra was fresh off the truck & made literally the same month I bought it.

dondino likes this.
  5. Oct 24, 2023 at 12:20 PM
    grnwdjsn

grnwdjsn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Limited TRD Offroad
    When I shopped for my 23 Limited TRD Off-Road, I was comparing to the F150 Tremor. There were some things about the Tremor I liked better, like th wheels and tires, but other than that the Limited Tundra was far better equipped. Sticker on my Tundra was $62.5 , Tremor was $72 with no incentives. I spent about $2500 upgrading the Tundra with new shoes, level, running boards and a skid plate. Now I would put it up against the ZR2.

Also I could barely stomach that burnt orange piping on the Tremor.

dondino and KuehnMK like this.
  6. Nov 23, 2023 at 5:05 AM
    ninjajay

ninjajay Posting from the toilet

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Spoolston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 1794 TRD 4x4
    Toytec/Radflo Lift, Ambit RS02 18x9+0, Bridgestone Revo 3 295/70/18
    $60k XLTs, they’ve lost their minds

7. Nov 23, 2023 at 5:56 AM
    PomDad

PomDad we having snacks?

Member:
    First Name:
    Conrad
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Limited
    Trucks in general have gotten completely out of hand. I thought I was paying a small fortune for my '21 limited, and now (building a similar '24 limited) it's gone up another ~$8k! With current interest rates, that must be brushing up to $1500/mo.

I wonder if 72 month loans will just become the new standard going forward. I'm sure people thought the 60 month was outrageous when 48 was the standard.

CMikeB and Cpl_Punishment like this.
  8. Nov 23, 2023 at 6:48 AM
    CMikeB

CMikeB New Member

Member:
    They should just get it over with and do what boat dealers do, finance for 144 months!:eek::D

To Top