1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did I Mess Up!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by ldale, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:52 AM
    ldale

ldale [OP] New Member

Member:
    Txk Tx
    Vehicle:
    16' Super White Tundra SR5 CrewMax 4X4
    Tonno Pro LowPro Led Int Lights......
    Bought a New 2016 Truck last week. It was raining off and on the day I took delivery so I did not do a very Detailed walk around. Here's the problem. This past weekend I found several Scratches on the truck. Some are on the fender right above the Antennae, and some are on the left rear of the Roof.

So how do I approach the service guys about this?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Feb 29, 2016 at 5:09 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L Gas
    20% ceramic tinted windows, charcoal filter delete, weather tech floor mats, rear seat fold down mod, Tyger soft tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate actuator. Lots of love.
    I would see if they could get them rubbed out for you as opposed to the repainting on your brand-new truck. Just explain that it was raining that day and you were unable to take a proper look at the time. There was a few light scuffs on my truck when I got it I just took it home and spot checked it.

3. Feb 29, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Man, that's a bummer! I would think that the dealership would work with you on buffing the scratches out since they are present in a couple of locations and the truck is only a week old. I don't know if your dealership provides free car washes for the life of the truck like my dealership, but, if they do, I would be very careful using it. My dealership uses a wash that has the spinning cloth equipment and I've noticed that it has left a few swirls in my paint. I'm only going to hand wash or use touchless/wand washes from now on.... Welcome, by the way!

4. Feb 29, 2016 at 7:03 AM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    My truck had what appeared to be a few scratches on it that I noticed after filling out the paperwork before leaving the lot. Rode back to the body shop and had them hit it with some compound and a rag and they came right off. Unless they look deep, I would try and do the same thing. Funny that Ron mentioned the dealer car wash, because that's what the sales guy told me caused the problem on mine.

RowdyRon likes this.
  5. Feb 29, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Take it back and have them fix it. Most dealerships would do it just to have your business again and not have thier name ran thru the mud.

6. Feb 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM
    ldale

ldale [OP] New Member

Member:
    Txk Tx
    Vehicle:
    16' Super White Tundra SR5 CrewMax 4X4
    Tonno Pro LowPro Led Int Lights......
    Update.

They were able to use some polishing compound to remove the blemishes. All is well in Tundra land today!

RowdyRon likes this.
  7. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Great! Glad it worked out for you!

8. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:52 PM
    tibadoe

tibadoe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Gladys
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DC 4x4
To Top