1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did I kill my tundra?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Tundrakiller, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Sep 20, 2022 at 9:16 AM
    Shanet421

Shanet421 (Semi) New Member

Member:
    San Diego,CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 CM 5.7L 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Drain plug bolt: 30 ft/lbs
    Filter housing: 18 ft/lbs
    Filter drain plug: 9 ft/lbs

2. Sep 20, 2022 at 11:19 AM
    Tripleconpanna

Tripleconpanna Just an X who bought Bud Light from Target

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO CM; 2008 SR5 CM
    It's really unfortunate... I had a very good relationship w/a dealership when I lived in NV. Moved here to Coastal Oregon, and while the dealership was small, it had 2 very long term and reliable techs. I had no problems! Good service; fair pricing and good time to get work done.

Fast forward to a year after getting here... The dealership was purchased by the Jackson Auto Group (out of Tx), with promises of building a larger "state of the art" facility. However, within the first six months, the changes started happening:

Pricing went from fair, a bit higher to high dealer pricing, to won't even consider it...

With the increase in pricing came a decrease in workmanship and attention to detail.

Finally, damage from lack of oversight/attention to detail from new techs that they refused to take responsibility for. Blamed high mileage, then blamed coastal environment, then blamed age (all same incident just different excuses from different folks in the chain)...

They will not be putting hands on my '21, and will not see the '08 for service again either.

It shouldn't be this way, but it's quickly becoming the norm. My plan is to run the '08 and '21 till they die. If not sure what I'll do after that, but I should get at least 10 years out of the '21 as long as I keep it away from the knuckleheads...

Tyman[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top