1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decked & Leitner Systems

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by Gungho, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Oct 27, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    1siktun

1siktun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    TRD S/C, 6" ProComp lift, 22" FUEL, 37", ADD bumper, ICE
    Agree, perhaps a Black Friday direct p/up may save a few $$?

2. Nov 3, 2020 at 7:42 AM
    chinboys

chinboys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tundra TRD Pro
    none
    These two manufacturers don't have any competition hence they aren't going to discount their products.
    Do you wait and how long for someone to design something better?
    Hence, I am another believer in buy it right and cry once on these two products.
    Just find an internet company that offers free financing, delivery, and no sales tax.
    The crying stops when you are able to build out your truck to do those things you want.

1siktun likes this.
  3. Nov 3, 2020 at 12:32 PM
    1siktun

1siktun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    I cried, but got over it pretty fast. I added a 3rd load bar...just in case. RTT is planted and rock solid. Wife & I slept like babies.rear.2.jpg side.1.jpg RTT.2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. Nov 3, 2020 at 1:53 PM
    chinboys

chinboys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    none
    Wow, really nice setup you have 1siktun (Ken). Can you show more details on the bike setup?

And wait... is that a cargo slide. I am thinking of asking Decked if they will build a slide that sits on top of their system or figure something out.

Thanks.

5. Nov 4, 2020 at 3:49 PM
    1siktun

1siktun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Hi Ben, I'm running a bedslide that is mounted directly to the bed. Bike is simply "hanging" over my tailgate and secured on top of a bomberstrap.com (for my mtb).

I also have a 2 mtb Thule hitch rack, but mainly use on my D90.

D90.1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    chinboys[QUOTED] and HammockYota like this.
  6. Nov 4, 2020 at 7:34 PM
    chinboys

chinboys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    none
    Thanks Ken for the explanation and reference to something I never knew existed (BomberStrap). I have a pair of Inno bike racks mounted on Rhino racks that are riveted to Rhino tracks in the rain gutters. Getting bikes up there is a challenge.
    I am going to have to figure out how to mount a sliding tray on top of the Decked system as the surfaces get too hot in the sun for my feet or flesh that touches it to retrieve stuff towards the front of the bed.
    This is too funny or a coincidence that I am also restoring (disc brakes, power steering, air conditioning) a 1972 Toyota FJ40 with a Gobi roof rack for it.

Enjoy your 4 wheeling adventures.

7. Nov 5, 2020 at 6:14 PM
    DECKEDUSA

DECKEDUSA New Member Vendor

Member:
    No plans on making our own cargo-glide style product, but you can mount the actual CargoGlide directly to the top of the DECKED system if you want the best of both worlds!

saybng likes this.
  8. Nov 5, 2020 at 10:03 PM
    itsmerh85

itsmerh85 New Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRDPro
    Curious if you guys have plans for other products in the near future? A slimmer decked system or something else entirely?

9. Nov 7, 2020 at 1:16 PM
    DECKEDUSA

DECKEDUSA New Member Vendor

Member:
    No plans for a slimmer DECKED system at this time but we are always looking to advance and improve our product so that is something to look in to. Our next product we are going to release will be a crossover style toolbox with some real innovative design and functionality as well as always looking for more ways to make our Drawer System more versatile. Stay tuned and be sure to sign up for our email list to be the first to hear of new product details!

10. Nov 8, 2020 at 1:34 PM
    Tundra-in-Cement

Tundra-in-Cement Truck Chump

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra CM-OR
    Scanguage-II, Decked Systems, Leitner Rack, CaliLED lights, Firestone Air Bags, Trans-cooler kit, 2017 Pro grille and bulge, S-Tech 6 way switch, Corse Evo Darks w/ Stock Tires, 17-inch Alpha Equip Delta w/ Wildpeaks, Falcon Suspension, Coachbuilder +1 Shackle, Valhalla Cat Protectors.
    If anyone spots a good discount - either direct from Leitner or reseller - post it here. I'm 1/2 way there as I purchased my Decked Sys last month. Worth every penny and I'm sure the Leitner will be with/without a sale.

vtigerl and Honz like this.
  11. Dec 7, 2020 at 12:04 PM
    Honz

Honz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 2020 Pro CM
    Decked system Garmin Mini with Dongar Technologies adapter Nitto Exo Grappler 285/70R18 OEM Power Tailgate Lock OEM Black Door Sill Protector Center Console Organizer
    Ok so pulled the trigger on the decked system and should be arriving in about 4 weeks!

I got a question about the tie-down cleats in the bed of the truck.

The two cleats closest to the cab of the truck were sprayed over with bedliner from the factory..... I know that they all need to be removed in order to install the deck system. So what did you guys do to remove the bed cleats that were sprayed over with bedliner? Also did you take your truck somewhere to get the bed touched up after removing the two cleats that were sprayed over?

In a perfect world, I would like to touch up the bedliner with the same product Toyota uses (from the factory) to create a seamless finish and also remove the bedliner from the two cleats that were sprayed over from the factory.

12. Dec 7, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    Tundra-in-Cement

Tundra-in-Cement Truck Chump

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra CM-OR
    Scanguage-II, Decked Systems, Leitner Rack, CaliLED lights, Firestone Air Bags, Trans-cooler kit, 2017 Pro grille and bulge, S-Tech 6 way switch, Corse Evo Darks w/ Stock Tires, 17-inch Alpha Equip Delta w/ Wildpeaks, Falcon Suspension, Coachbuilder +1 Shackle, Valhalla Cat Protectors.
    Honz - that factory coating is tuff stuff and it's a PITA to remove those cleats. I used an exacto knife to cut around them, carefully, then eventually got them to come off. I was thinking afterwards that a heat gun might have helped a little. After that, you can use just about any spray or roll-on brush liner to cover it up - It won't be perfect but close. I used Rustoleum in the can as I found it to be thicker than any spray and just dabbed some on with an acid brush.

13. Jan 16, 2021 at 10:39 AM
    GreatWhiteGax

GreatWhiteGax New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Silver
    Leveling Kit, Wheels & Tires
    @1siktun @Zero One Actual

Sick set ups I’m probably pulling the trigger on both this week, one question.

Bed stiffeners won’t fit with the Leitner ACS rack. Like to know how your beds have held up with all the cargo RTT/Tools/Camp Gear? In your opinions are the stiffeners just not necessary? does the @decked system Kinda serve as some additional bed support?

Thanks for the input!

14. Jan 16, 2021 at 10:46 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    Mine is only a 2019 with 9500 miles on it so I feel it is too new to be able to give any scientific research or concrete evidence that they are needed. I want to say there is a company’s who’s will work though because I researched it originally too. Maybe @ragofabrication? @DECKEDUSA, can you confirm?

GreatWhiteGax[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jan 17, 2021 at 6:56 AM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 TRD-Off Road Double Cab
    Dobinsons 2-3" Complete Suspension Kit w/ medium Dobs Leafs, Decked Drawer System, Leitner Forged ACS Rack, Line-Xed bed and Line-Xed Tyger Blade Steps, Wet Okole seat covers, VLED lighting, soon to add Swith Pro and auxillary lights
    I might consider a SDHQ hidden bed support system to go with my Leitner rack

GreatWhiteGax likes this.
  16. Jan 26, 2021 at 6:13 PM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Dobinsons 2-3" Complete Suspension Kit w/ medium Dobs Leafs, Decked Drawer System, Leitner Forged ACS Rack, Line-Xed bed and Line-Xed Tyger Blade Steps, Wet Okole seat covers, VLED lighting, soon to add Swith Pro and auxillary lights
    @Zero One Actual I have a Decked installed (love it), and waiting on my Leitner Rack, In the meantime I am researching what to expect in terms of my stock TRD Off Road suspension and possible upgrade options. Your truck is setup similar to mine and I am wondering if you’ve upgraded suspension to address your sag.

I will tow stuff as well so I’m sure I won’t be satisfied without upgrades. I’m exploring options ranging from a complete Dobinson 2.25” Complete Kit to just a leaf spring upgrade to Firestone and Daystar cradles...anyway I am leaning toward biting the bullet and doing a Dobs IMS kit with springs and SPC UCAs...just a lot to spend so still pondering more budget options....any advice?

17. Jan 27, 2021 at 3:59 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    I am running coachbuilder +3 shackles and icon rear shocks which allow more travel then the Bilstein 5160s. I then installed firestone airbags and coachbuilder airbag cradles. I have the ride rite wireless compressor with two presets I can instantly toggle between with the push of the two pre programmed buttons or you can hit the up or down buttons to whatever feels comfortable. I debated leaf packs also but figured I would try just the bags first and if over several years I notice sag, I will do that mod next. Let me know if you need any other help.

saybng and Tundra-in-Cement like this.
  18. Jan 27, 2021 at 8:30 AM
    saybng

saybng Just a member.

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Ventura CA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra 1794 CM in BLACK!
    Method Nv's, falken wildpeak 275.65.20 Dirty deeds exhaust, 5100's all around...nothin fancy.
    Those of you with the decked drawers, do you guys think it will interfere with the softopper?

19. Jan 27, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    Anohibian

Anohibian New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Crewmax
    Just installed my decked system, waiting on a ACS Forged. With the decked system loaded with my standard gear (first aid kit, ball hitch, tie downs, cold weather coveralls,etc.) my stock 18 suspension squated 1/2 inch. Looking at coach builder +1 or +2, firestone ride rites with cradles and either Ironman pro shocks front and rear or BP-51 shocks. Overall I want maybe one inch lift over stock.

20. Jan 27, 2021 at 8:52 AM
    saybng

saybng Just a member.

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Ventura CA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra 1794 CM in BLACK!
    Method Nv's, falken wildpeak 275.65.20 Dirty deeds exhaust, 5100's all around...nothin fancy.
    @DECKEDUSA

21. Jan 27, 2021 at 12:02 PM
    Bootleg

Bootleg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM TRD Pro
    I installed my @DECKEDUSA system and I have two questions for you guys with the system:
    1) Do you know of a way to adjust the drawers? My passenger side drawer is like butter opening and closing. My drivers side drawer seems to sit 1/8" higher so the weather strip hits the bottom of the deck when opening and closing the drawer. it's got me scratching my head a bit.

2)Does your system move around a little in your bed? To clarify, I'm talking just a little movement in the whole system, side to side and forward and backwards. Maybe 1/2" movement total. I've tightened down the mounts but I'm trying to be careful no to over tighten them, as per the instructions. They're not going anywhere but I'm concerned the play could increase over time because of the movement. Plus the tighter I go the worse problem 1 gets.

Thoughts?

22. Feb 26, 2021 at 1:04 PM
    Noble_5

Noble_5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sergio
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Pro
    Window tint so far
    nice can you mount the bikes on the racks either in top or the side ?

23. Mar 3, 2021 at 9:29 PM
    BigCoogi

BigCoogi New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    2019 White TRD Pro

I purchased my decked system thru Home Depot’s website. It was 200 bucks cheaper than buying direct from decked. This was about 2 months ago.

I had some issues with the lock set failing and decked forced me to go thru Home Depot for an exchange, but to be honest with you it might be the best way regarding customer service too.

love my decked system, customer service wasn’t great though. Save a couple bucks and exceptional no question asked Home Depot support ? Helll yeah turn it up!

Bigboitundra likes this.
  24. Mar 3, 2021 at 9:35 PM
    BigCoogi

BigCoogi New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    2019 White TRD Pro

mine was the same- the handle that you have to assemble yourself (why give one drawer handle assembled and the other not LOL so fucking stupid) but anyways, after a couple months of heavy use they both open and close equally.

2. I also questioned the jiggling/ shaking when shutting the drawers and kept going around and tightening the bolts. Finally said fuck it and stop messing with it. Hasn’t gotten better or worse, just kinda twerks when the drawer shuts. Makes sense though, my one drawer easily has 200 pounds of tools in it and that’s a large velocity to stop abruptly. I think due to no drill/bolt anchor points- it has a little play.

Let me know your thoughts now that you’ve had it for about a month.

Bootleg[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Mar 5, 2021 at 5:53 AM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Just installed an ACS Forged yesterday. Can't speak highly enough about my experience with Leitner. The installation
    is fresh in my mind if anyone has any questions. I will try to follow-up with a post with some tips.

I installed a Decked a couple months ago. My drawers do close more smoothly now. At first I really had to slam them.

One thing I'm having to work around is that I can't close the drawers quietly. I hunt and use my truck as a basecamp near the deer woods. When I camp at my truck to hunt the following morning and I stay close to silent when setting out in the morning. I didn't have the Decked last season but am planning to store my rifle, bow, and gear in the drawers; probably more psychological than anything but I'm uncomfortable with the noise level of slamming the drawers.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  26. Mar 5, 2021 at 6:02 AM
    BigCoogi

BigCoogi New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    2019 White TRD Pro

yeah they’re super loud. Even if you closed them very slowly- you have to get that rubber weatherstrip at the top of the drawers to seat, which requires a slam at the end. Could’ve been engineered a little better to make them waterproof, but works fine for my needs.

Since the weather stripping pops right in, I wonder if the night before you go out you just remove the weatherstripping? This would allow you to silently get the drawers opened and shut. Just a thought.

27. Mar 8, 2021 at 7:45 AM
    chinboys

chinboys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    none
    It has been an early winter project and now finished. I had added a Roof Nest tent to the Decked and Leitner set up last year and found it harder to get to the end of the truckbed to pull my containers off.
    Was thinking about building my own but was happy to know Bed Slide. etc. do work with the Decked and Leitner set-ups.

I did have to weld the brackets together for the slide to access the steel rib at the Decked midpoint and did have to remove the Decked unit to access the metal ribs for the rivet nuts install.

20210305_162843 (1).jpg 20210305_162843 (1).jpg 20210305_162805.jpg 20210305_162805.jpg 20210305_162853.jpg

Enjoy.

28. Mar 8, 2021 at 11:27 PM
    Globeoverland

Globeoverland New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ander
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Tundra
    any long term Decked user that uses it for long travels? I'm planing on doing a cross country trip with my fiance from Miami to Seattle and back. I've run drawers on an 80 series but i'm afraid of the hight of the system on the tundra anyone running it has had any issues with that? if you have a camping set up. lmk, thanks in advance!

29. Mar 14, 2021 at 11:10 AM
    BigCoogi

BigCoogi New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    2019 White TRD Pro
    I haven’t had it too long, but I’ve driven 12 hours one way with it from MI to PA, then back. No issues though, I don’t know what you mean by height being a concern for long trips?

30. Mar 14, 2021 at 2:03 PM
    Mac5attack

Mac5attack New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Annie
    Park City UT
    Vehicle:
    2021 pro DC lunar rock
    Can only half a decked system be installed? Like 1 drawer leaving room for a mountain bike to hang over the tailgate on the other side?

Huck23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top