1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deavers, Add-a-Leaf, Air Bags, thinking about a change

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by gosolo, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Sep 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM
    gosolo

gosolo [OP] You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    I'm running with a permanent minimum payload of over 1K;
    Me; 210, Decked Drawers: 210, Snugtop: 200, Transfer 46g tank: 100, Sliders:100, winch and mount: 140, wife: not saying, miscellaneous tools: 100.
    I figure the suspension is always about 50% compressed. I absolutely love the Pro ride. Smoothest I've ever experienced and I've had a lot of trucks. Most all of them would only run smooth with some serious weight. I suspect an add-a-leaf would help bring things back close to stock. Possibly the Deavers are the best choice. I'm towing a 5k trailer occasionally and get the squat mostly fixed w/WDH. I would appreciate some feedback from tundra brothers that have some solid suspension knowledge. If you're going to make a recommendation please explain why you feel it's the best decision. Thanks!

2. Sep 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Bags with the Daystar cradle.

3. Sep 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM
    gosolo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Thanks for that, I've never had air bags but I thought they would be useful mostly while towing and have the occasional heavy load. If I had bags, and ran 'em aired up all the time, wouldn't that destroy the sweet cushy Pro ride? Am thinking they're a good addition for when I tow but not sure they relieve the day to day problem of running with the constant load. Please 'splain why airbags are the best solution.

4. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:07 PM
    gosolo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top