1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer couldn't install bed rail kit due to spray on liner

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Mike19, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Jun 9, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    phatjoe

phatjoe New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    A buddy of mine simply used a utility knife to remove the bed-liner spray. It was very easy to do.

2. Jun 12, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Any of that is just uncalled for!! I have only dealt with two Toyota dealers miles apart and when they spray in the bed liner I have never seen a truck come back with the holes covered. To scrape them and do all that to clear them out is plainly laziness on the bed liner company.! It is yet another example if someone being lazy, not taking pride in their work, and the boss letting it get out the door that way. I went and checked mine again and ALL holes are clear and ready for bed rail bolts/screws. I hate dealing with businesses these days it’s a gamble at best as to what you are going to get back for all that money you have paid them. I use the same dealer all the time that way if it isn’t right they fix it and it comes with a warranty!! I hate seeing some of the mishaps on these expensive pieces of machinery!! Sorry for the rant this evening!!:)

3. Jun 12, 2019 at 5:36 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    By the way I would have the service guy and the service supervisor in the office so fast they wouldn’t know what hit them. Who ever you deal with should have gotten it handled for you!! No ifs ands or buts!! I would take it to a different dealer and try to find someone there that has some common sense and knows what to do for their customers!!

4. Feb 15, 2021 at 9:48 AM
    CappyKD

CappyKD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirk
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 4x4 TRD Off Road DC Super White
    Old thread, but I found that a step drill bit installed in a screwdriver handle for Hex shaft bits is a perfect 1 tool solution for this. install the rails then use the step bit head to push through the liner and twist the handle a few times and it cleans the liner right out without damaging the threads. There was no need to guess or remove the rail to get a utility knife or other blade in there to clean it out. HTH this helps the next person that needs to do this.

Products Discussed in

To Top