1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cutting and programming keys and key fobs?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by usmealgle, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Aug 15, 2020 at 8:50 PM
    Moco

Moco New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcos
    Boerne
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro, 2015 JKU Rubicon, 2016 HD 48
    I ordered 2 Toyota blanks on Amazon less than $30 for both and Home Depot cut them for free. Called AAA and locksmith service is covered on my membership so they are sending someone out to program at no cost. The savings with that paid for my membership for the year

WVI likes this.
  2. Aug 17, 2020 at 8:53 PM
    hefty smurf

hefty smurf New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 cavalry blue SR5 crewmax
    Was just in Lowe’s about a week ago and they had a new(got it the day before) stand alone key machine. It was an independent company that accepted credit cards. It appeared it would do all makes for key fobs. I watched one guy with an 07 ford insert his key while it scanned after he provided make/model/year. Price was $80 which he said was $40 cheaper than dealership. He didn’t end up buying one so I’m not 100% sure if they would end up shipping it, but I assume the machine would’ve spit him out one that’s good to go. It did make 3 house keys for me and they worked.

3. Apr 27, 2021 at 11:25 PM
    samsneeze2019

samsneeze2019 New Member

Member:
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the toughest time trying to program my key fob (tried all the manual methods online/youtube). 2008 tundra limited with vip security. Can't find under which tab to program in Techstream. It only list 'Customize' 'Key registration' 'Immobilizer Code Reset' and 'Transponder Code Erasure' under immobilizer. As far as I know, these are for the keys, not the remote/fob.

To Top