1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crazy things your parents did to you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nvrgvup444, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dec 3, 2019 at 5:40 AM
    PJR202

PJR202 New Member

Member:
    I did this to my daughter one day. I had a 16 mustang GT and she was being a typical 12 year old, trying to turn my radio off. I dropped it into 3rd and was like "go ahead!" then hammered the gas and she would fall back into the seat OVER and OVER I got the death stare eventually.

2. Dec 3, 2019 at 5:50 AM
    Racingjohndeere55

Racingjohndeere55 New Member

Member:
    It took me 5 minutes to read this post. I'm laughing so hard the tears are flowing!!!:rofl:

3. Dec 3, 2019 at 5:51 AM
    Fiesta346

Fiesta346 New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior
    In high school a neighbor bitched to my parents once about us tearing up his field on quads. Mom came out and demanded taking the quad to the garage. She dumped the clutch in the front yard and was on her ass :rofl:

4. Dec 3, 2019 at 5:57 AM
    PJR202

PJR202 New Member

Member:
    My girls were 6 and 4 and had a great time but they're 13 and 11 now and dont remember a single thing, other than the younger one losing a shoe at epcot (because we still talk about it every now and again). I walked almost a half mile to find it. And when I got back my wife had already bought another pair in one of the shops.

2 years old would be a complete waste of $3,000.

5. Dec 3, 2019 at 6:53 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    Pretty much what I've been telling them. Also, $3000!? Is it seriously going to costsl them that much?

I can think of alot better ways to spend $3000usd. A salmon fishing trip in BC being one...

6. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:28 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    :rofl:
    Sadly, the 2 y.o. won’t remember that either....

7. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    Outbound

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, but I'll have fun. :D

8. Dec 3, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    $100 day Adult park ticket
    $200-300 night per hotel room
    Airfare ??? Travel costs.
    Food about $50-100 day each

Adds up.....

9. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    Toyotoholic

Toyotoholic -4Life-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jmz
    Vehicle:
    17' MGM
    Pro suspension, sways

Totally agree...
    Just got back from Disney world and those numbers are accurate. Even higher for rooms if you stay on campus $400-500/night.

This was our first trip down and we waited until they were 6+ & 8+yrs old. Main 2 reasons are: They are old enough to know what they like and remember it. And, they were BOTH tall enough to go on all the rides together. A big bonus was no strollers, and minimal kids-on-my-shoulder time too.
    We actually had time to enjoy being there, not just surviving the trip.!!!

I would say take a 2yr old if you have extended family going too.
    If it's just your family, wait until they're older to take them by yourselves.

10. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:31 AM
    PJR202

PJR202 New Member

Member:
    I presumed you meant like a week vacation there or something. Ours was Disney World. It was actually 3,500 with the flight. But that was 6 days at the hotel on the property, 3 days of park tickets for the 4 of us, and a meal plan. If you're doing multiple days I highly suggest getting a meal plan.

If you're just going for the day, then disregard all of this..lol

We did a disney cruise a few years later and it cost about the same for 5 days. Kids were 10 and 8 I think. They remember it well.

Outbound[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    I got the belt numerous times.
    Wooden spoons. Even a decorative set piece, spoon and fork, that were 3 foot long until they broke over my ass.
    Forced to work from as young as I can remember. Up early to help dad change pipe(farming irrigation), pulled weeds, ect. Once I was big enough to carry the pipe I was changing them. Paper route from 7-12. Farmed all summer until I was able to drive legally to get a job in town. Now I must say, it wasnt all bad. As I learned quickly that we just had different work ethics. It was apparent from the get go the minute I started working with kids my age from town. And not being able to work on machines because I wasnt 18 was laughable coming from the farm.
    It was a strict house hold with punishment for disobedience. Dont get me wrong, I love my parents. It was just a different time and culture back then, and I wasnt exactly obedient. But I did learn valuable lessons.
    Craziest though, was making a 10 year old go out into a white out snow storm because the papers were to be delivered by 4:30 per the papers policy. That was a long afternoon.

12. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    19TurdPro

19TurdPro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    My dad abandoned me. Twice.
    I got the last laugh though when he had a massive stroke and couldn't move, I got to pull the plug on him.
    Crazy enough?

War Machine and Mountun Goat like this.
  13. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    PJR202

PJR202 New Member

Member:
    omg...

Mountun Goat likes this.
  14. Dec 3, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    Outbound

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    I'm not totally sure how many days they plan to go for. I'll be tapped out after half a day in the park, guaranteed. Gonna have to talk to them a little more and see how much they'be thought this out. LOL

15. Dec 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Disney World (Orlando) has 4 separate parks, most people spend a full day at each park.
    Disneyland (L.A.) has two parks but the new one is probably not much for a 2 yr old.

Either way there is no way in Hell he/she will remember any of it. Have fun discussing with the family :D

16. Dec 3, 2019 at 4:25 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    When I was about 5 I went to the bank with my dad, and being a five year old kid, went to play at the table of toys while Dad took care of less important business.

A little while later, dear old Dad comes running in the front door of the bank, straight to me in a big panic. Turns out he’d forgotten me in the bank, and it wasn’t until he met up with Mom and my older brother afterward that he realized the mistake.

I was blissfully playing and oblivious of the situation until after it was all over.

17. Dec 3, 2019 at 6:50 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Then there was the time I went “Kabooosht!” Yup, that’s right. Kabooosht. It’s a thing.

When I was about 6, I had severely swollen tonsils from repeat cases of tonsillitis, which meant it took me forever to eat, and suppertime was a long process filled with nagging and pleading for me to eat.

Nobody knew why until later on, so one evening long after everyone else was finished eating and their dishes were done, I’m putting in my second last bite. I was getting pretty full by then too, so I said that if I took one more bite I was going to go “Kabooosht!”. I guess I asked for it.

At that point, my dad goes to the pantry cupboard, grabs a small paper bag without me seeing, and goes around through the living room to the other side of the wall behind me. He inflates the bag, and urges me to take that last bite.

About the time I’m swallowing the final mouthful, he hits the inflated paper bag against the wall, and while I never for a second believed I’d actually gone “Kabooosht”, the look on my face convinced my whole family otherwise.

18. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:12 PM
    HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Ex 1st Gen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Lakewood CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Limited TRD 4x4
    California Adventure (the other DL park) has beers at least. Not cheap, but nothing is. Downtown Disney has ESPN Zone sports bar if you're into that. And a Ballast Point Brewery. Good beer and food. If you can sneak away.

But if you're not a drinker, yeah its gonna be painful. :D

KTM Hauler and Outbound[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:50 PM
    Outbound

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure I'll find something to do. A friend of mine lives in Anaheim. Maybe I'll just have him come rescue me. :D

20. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:51 PM
    Mountun Goat

Mountun Goat She baaaaaahd

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    EhBerta, Canadia
    Vehicle:
    It’s a Goat.
    I used to get the wooden spoon from Ma too. I remember breaking some over my knee and throwing them off the deck while she was gone haha.

One time when I was about 13, I was having a lovely teen old argument with my Mom. We kept threatening each other more and more until she asked me “You don’t think I tougher than you?” Before I could get much of any kind of answer out, she had tackled me and put me in a rear controlled choke hold. I had to tap haha.

Interesting thinking back, now that I am a Dad. Im sure at times, I deserved more punishment and deserved less others.

I like this thread. Good laughs and learnings for everyone.

:hattip:

21. Dec 3, 2019 at 7:56 PM
    TundraDude18

TundraDude18 Deus vult

Member:
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    '21 Limited CM
    Silver Bullet Express
    Okay, I'll play.

My dad deserted us many times [2 weeks at a time with no food]: he mixed it up though by beating us when he was home. Fortunately, had grandparents 4 hours away who would bring us food.

When mom ran, he tried to abduct me at gunpoint, but my uncle hit him with a rock. [I believe that puts my uncle in the bad ass category.]

Later, he hired a hit man to kill us, but my new stepdad disarmed the dude with a Luger his brother [a dude who carried a Browning Automatic Rifle and fought under Audie Murphy] had given him as a war memento.

Possibly, this explains my deep seated aggression issues.:D

My stepdad was great, and Jesus changed my life.

P.S. If someone reports this post because it includes the word "Jesus", you are a douche and a punk, respectfully.:hattip:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  22. Dec 3, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    TILLY

TILLY Gently Used Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM TRD Sport D/C
    I like threads like this from time to time, it reminds us all of our own humanity. I can certainly relate to those here with an abusive parent, all you can do is be sure you don't pass on the hate, and i try to live by this everyday. On a lighter note, i thought i was the only one that got beat with decorative wooden spoons. o_O

fork-wall-decor-oversized-utensils-spoon-big-large-and-huge.jpg

23. Dec 3, 2019 at 8:52 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    When I was a kid learning to cook, I almost cut my baby finger off trying to scoop a green pepper with a knife, blood squirting everywhere. My dad calmly sewed it back together with a suture kit at home, he was a doctor (retired now). You can still see the scar now, it was to the bone. I don’t like green peppers ever since lol

488DF46F-4C87-4148-ACFA-D06F731EEE24.jpg

24. Dec 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    My dad was old school too, when I was small he whipped me with a belt. My mom twisted my ears so much I swear she was going to rip them off one day. None of that passed on, I don’t physically discipline my kids.

25. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:05 PM
    JimboSlice413

JimboSlice413 Super Nice Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 4x4, 2003 Sequoia
    Bilstein 5100/5160 Toyo at2 295/70r18 Ray10 GunMetal
    My mother used to empty orange soda 2 liters and fill them back up with low sugar orange drink. I always thought I was getting soda. I've never been the same

26. Dec 3, 2019 at 9:06 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Not alone man

27. Dec 4, 2019 at 2:45 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
  28. Dec 4, 2019 at 3:23 AM
    Grumpy Uncle

Grumpy Uncle Pushing string down the hall SSEM #10

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black CM Tundra TRD Off Road
    4:88s and Auburn LSD, dealership faux Pro, 35" BFGs on XD wheels, OME Lift with Dakars
    I remember getting our asses whooped because someone took my Dads balloon! There were four of us boys in the house. Anyways if no one admitted to the offense we would have a line up and Dad would go down the line smacking asses until the guilty part admitted it. Finally my oldest brother admitted to taking the balloon. The whole time I'm like why am I getting a whoopin over a damned balloon! Come to find out my oldest brother was diddling the neighbor girl and stole my dads condoms. We laugh about it now because at the time I didn't know the code word for condoms.
    I got my brother back that night, I put fiberglass insulation all in his bed. No one could figure out what was wrong with him.

29. Dec 4, 2019 at 4:00 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    We’ve been to Disneyworld a ton (my, wife, kids, and I. My parents never took me, just went without me.), and I’m the same way you are. I hate crowds with a passion, and generally get extremely stressed out in those situations. I have anxiety issues to begin with, and big crowds set off my “fight or flight” mode like crazy.

I’ve found that making a real effort to mentally prepare myself for it in the weeks leading up to the trip to be very helpful. I remind myself that nothing I do will change the situation, and me being pissed about it will only make it worse for my family. I just do my very best to relax and go with the flow, two things I’m horrible at.
    I’m telling you now that people are going to be pricks. They’re gonna stand too close, walk in front of you without looking, all the shit people do. Just do your best to rise above it, and focus on your family enjoying themselves. If you’re anything like me, this advice is going to seem impossible to take, but just do your best to ignore it. Chill out and have a good time.
    I still get pissed frequently there, but it’s one of the rare occasions I’ll make a concerted effort to let shit slide. When we were there a few months ago, my kids raised more hell with people than I did. My 18 year old daughter flipping an old lady off was one of my proudest moments as a father.

At one point in the trip I told everyone “If I’m the voice of reason in any situation, you guys have some problems.”

30. Dec 4, 2019 at 4:01 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

Products Discussed in

To Top