1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Could use some help wiring up my light bar

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by badsector, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dec 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM
    badsector

badsector [OP] New Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Rock Warrior DC
    Expedition One Front Bumper w/Warn 10-S winch TRD Dual Exhaust ARE CX Camper Shell OME 613 Full suspension kit with Dakar rear springs.
    I recently picked up a rigid industries 30" led light bar. Rigid provided a wiring kit w/relay and switch, but honestly, I can't stand the look of the switch that came with the kit. So I poked around amazon and found one I really like, has a near factory look to it.

Rigids harness has three wires going to the switch from the relay (red,blue,black).

The aftermarket switch (here) has 4 wires, and provided me the following diagram for their switch:

xbwjFL3uPWEp1lxK9hz3Cr98UTxeqQw12wyVg26Y_6e1079111440441a1338dd2e9944911669afdae5.jpg

I know I want the switch to connect to a relay, similarly to what is provided on the Rigid harness, but I'm not sure how to convert from a 3 button switch to a 4 button. I'm assuming the extra wire is b/c the new switch has two LED's.. one comes on when dashlights are on, the other is to indicate that the light bar has been powered up.

So on the switch wiring,
    Green: connects to what, same as Red1?
    Red1: connects to the red wire on the rigid switch that goes to it's relay?
    Red2: Do I need to get a fuse tap and find an empty slot that gets 12v when dash lights come on?
    Black: this just connects to nearby grounding bolt/source.

Thanks in advance, I clearly need help here.

2. Dec 6, 2016 at 8:44 PM
    badsector

badsector [OP] New Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Rock Warrior DC
    Expedition One Front Bumper w/Warn 10-S winch TRD Dual Exhaust ARE CX Camper Shell OME 613 Full suspension kit with Dakar rear springs.
    Great, that makes sense. I'll give it a go this weekend.

NewImprovedRon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top