1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coolant in Oil

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Miller_j94, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Feb 16, 2020 at 3:38 PM
    Miller_j94

Miller_j94 [OP] New Member

Member:
    So i have noticed there is a lot of water in my oil and its very milky looking. I did a block test and it came back negative so no Carbon dioxide coming into the radiator. i havent ran a compression test yet but i am hesitant to because i took out one of the coils and noticed oil in the spark plug tubes so gonna replace the valve cover gasket and o rings first before i do that. do you guys know of any other tests i can do to see if im losing no compression but coolant is still getting into the oil through a cracked head gasket or block? I want to be sure it’s a head gasket issue or block issue. One person recommended replacing the oil cooler as coolant may be getting in through there. is there anyway to test that? my truck is 2007 tundra 5.7L and ive been driving it everyday with no overheating issues the only sign it even has an issue is when i check the oil and notice moisture in it. Any help is great

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Feb 16, 2020 at 3:57 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Are you making short trips and not getting the truck up to temperature sometimes? That can cause condensation and it will mix with the oil leaving some milky substance on your oil cap.

Zebruaj likes this.
  3. Feb 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM
    Miller_j94

Member:
    my daily drive is about 20 min. I think that is long enough and the other day I drove about 45 min to the city. But the moisture is also all over the dipstick, Another reason why I don’t think short trips are a issue.

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Feb 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM
    JLS in WA

JLS in WA New Member

Member:
    Somewhere in the basalt rocks with my dogs
    Vehicle:
    2008 White DC Limited 4x4
    Drahthaar Transport Unit
    I’d start with an oil analysis.

5. Feb 16, 2020 at 4:18 PM
    Miller_j94

Member:
    Okay I’ll look into that. What’s the typical time until you get results? Also I’m pretty sure it’s coolant in the oil because the reservoir goes low and I’ve filled it up twice. The trouble is figuring out where coolant is getting in from.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top