1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Consumer Reports says

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by robie56, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Mar 16, 2016 at 9:00 AM
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra SR5 4.7 v8 4x4
    Typical airforce. :D

MT Madman[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 16, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    George14

George14 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Dc TRD Off Road 5.7L with tow package
    None
    Go Navy

Scarecrow likes this.
  3. Mar 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM
    MT Madman

MT Madman Just an ordinary guy

Member:
    Hawk Point MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Platinum
    TRD dual exhaust TRD Rear Sway Bar SnugTop Hi-Liner
    Yup, did 20 and retired and planning to retire again in just under 2 years, then it's time to play 24/7.

4. Mar 16, 2016 at 5:47 PM
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra SR5 4.7 v8 4x4
    Yes that is the plan. I think I understand what yer saying.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Mar 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    It's all relative when it comes to the military. At least in my case. Being a 6492/3 mos, PMEL (Air Force trained, Lowry AFB, CO, 1979) I spent a lot lot of time on Air Force bases and Naval bases in the Far East. NAS Misawa, NAS Atsugi, Yokota AFB, Camp Fuji, Foster , and Hansen. MCAS Futenma, MCAS Iwakuni, Kadena AFB and even to Whidbey Island WA (I know, far "west" USA coast). All of these places in my 6 year enlistment. Not to mention flying to Perth for two weeks reporting to USS Midway. I was part of a two man calibration team that traveled where ever EA-6B Prowlers were located for "Bore Sight" calibration. (EA-6B,s can jam the hell out shit, "black out" type jamming, naturally they are going to be replaced with an over priced piece of crap.) That was only for a year, but traveled all over the f'ing place. I spent most of the rest of my time at MCAS Iwakuni, about 30 minutes south of Hiroshima. I won't mention how many times I had to go to S Korea. One thing for sure.....USMC food sucked., Air Force not bad, NAS Cubi point , real, real good, The small Sea Bee base in OKI had the best food by far. I went to Kadena 5 times. Chappie James chow hall wasn't bad at all, (actually the chow hall next to the SR-71 Hanger was better, but I don't recall the name) but we would get up even earlier and drive 20 minutes to get the SeaBees chow. The Navy knows what food is, ask a sub-mariner. Wasn't unusual for Marines to get baloney as a substitute for ham for breakfast. We're still #1, baloney and all. Always will be. The few the proud. (Oh , I've heard everything about Marines. All the names. Still got to wear that USMC uniform every morning. Never got confused with a Grey Hound bus driver uniform.) Damn, I really want one those USN Sea Bee omlets. The best!! :oldglory:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    MT Madman likes this.
  6. Mar 16, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra SR5 4.7 v8 4x4
    Yeah I spent my last 2 yrs of service working on the new EA-18G Growler. Not nearly as cool as those old prowlers.

7. Mar 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I've got a friend (Ross) who is retired now and flew the EA-6B. Was stationed at MCAS Iwakuni when I was there. He said that it always sucked landing on a carrier at night for him. The navigator always threw up. I've sat in the cockpit. Not a lot of room for 4 guys. One time we were calibrating the jamming radar. We were in a copper lined/ shielded inter-connecting unit (ICU) with a sign stating "DO NOT OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, RADAR TEST IN PROGRESS". Guess what? A dip shit Corporal opened the freaking door. We were a couple of blocks away from the FEN TV/Radio Station. When the door opened, no more broadcasts all of a sudden. No more anything reception wise within several blocks all of a sudden. Needless to say we all caught hell. That dumb ass Corporal was "ours" after that F'up. Good old days.

8. Mar 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Hmmm, this thread went way off topic.
    But thanks for your service guys!

9. Mar 16, 2016 at 8:03 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Way off. I had to go back to where "we" veered off. Dang. Like I said, CR is usually good with Tundra and Tacoma ratings as far as reliability. Only "we" truly know how good our trucks are.:thumbsup: :,@csuviper )
    I've been in a couple 3rd gen Tundras and I thought they had a very nice ride. Certainly not too stiff.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top