1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Considering an upgrade

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by speaks, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Jun 23, 2022 at 2:35 AM
    speaks

speaks [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 Crewmax
    Hey guys, I have been reading up on suspension and there is lots of info out there and its been hard to sort out what matches my priorities in terms of what I want, so much of it seems to be how can I lift it for the cheapest price which is not my goal. I have 2017 crewmax that I just picked up. I installed a decked system and between that, the tools and stuff in it, and the bed rack I added there is generally probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 lbs in the back. I tow semi regularly, not a ton but 3k-3500 lb boat or atv trailer. It definitely sags a bit when towing and I recently had about 500lbs of concrete in the back and that sagged it quite a bit. My goal would be to firm up the rear getting it at least back to stock empty height and ideally 1-2 inches higher both back and front. I dont plan on bigger tires or anything. I also dont want to compromise handling or wear and tear on any parts and have no interest in spacers or body lift. What would be the best options to explore in terms of upgraded suspension. I am not sweating budget to much, I intend to drive this truck for several years and want to do it right not try and save a few bucks. I dont exactly offroad but I do put on a lot of miles at my cabin while grouse hunting on gravel roads that are not exactly highly maintained and some miles on true logging roads. Thats not a huge factor since stock suspension has always gotten me where I was trying to go but figured it would be worth mentioning.

2. Jun 23, 2022 at 9:53 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    lots of decent good 2-2.5 coilovers out there that will not break the bank- Eibach pro truck, Dobinsons, Old Man Emu, Toytec. For the rear you could try adding Heavy Duty RAS (Active suspension) will lift rear 1-1.25 and give extra support for loads and towing, price on that is also good. Or get replacement leafs, Dobinsons, OME and Alcan are good choices.

I run Eibach pro truck setup, assembled fully adjustable coilovers set at 2 inches lift, their rear shocks and HD RAS, 2 inch lift in front, one in the rear based on how I adjusted RAS. Rides and handles well, good setup for a daily driver, feels similar but better to the OR package suspension just lifted and more controlled.

Products Discussed in

To Top